Where Can I Get Laundry Done on Sukhumvit Road?

LaosLover

Been smoke-dodging from Chiang Mai and enjoying some stays in Bangkok along Suk Road.

Used to always be cheap by the kilo laundry places conveniently near the hotel, but I'm finding them gone, and a lot of Google map listings now non-existent.

On Nut has it, but you have walk 15 minutes, Soi 11 the same, Soi 33, only Coin op that you do yourself. Update: one of the massage women in the same alley will assist you and even put it in the dryer for a tip.

In the Old City of Chiang Mai, the one-stop massage parlor/laundry drop off is endangered. In the old days, that place would be a travel agent, too.

Coin op -with very variable dryers- is the new expectation. Obviously, the laughable offer from the hotel to wash a tee shirt for 175 baht goes unheeded.

This may be another kind of business that the young have no interest in following their parents into. Alternate theory: All those laundry women have better employment options post-covid. Or rent rises have driven these little sliver-businesses under.

So be it rural Issan or Soi Touristico, how's the laundry drop off situation where you are?

I used to go to a laundry in CM for ten years, run by an ex-policeman and his family. Usually 120 baht for a full basket, washed and ironed. Never mislaid or damaged a single item.

Plenty of laundries in Chiang Rai, 40 baht per kilo. There is a coin-operated laundry next to my regular massage shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Suk Soi 24 (Bangkok) : Just past Emporium, Sukhumvit Express, 100 thb/kg.

Suk Soi 22: SuperWhite, 100 thb/kg

Sukhumvit, near Asok: Ayuthaya massage/laundry, 100 thb/kg

Chiang Mai: Lek Laundry, 50 thb/kg (near Corner Bistro, just around the corner)  Another place next door, same price.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidjameson said:

As minimum wage increases so the desire to iron for very little money decreases.

Yeah, I'm gonna add that the prices of everything are going up here.

One of my favorite watering holes in Bangkok actually had a note on the tables today apologizing for the increase in prices, stating that their suppliers had raised prices and thus they had to do same.  My "go to" bacon cheeseburger went from 380 to 455 and a pint of Guinness went from 260 to 300 thb.

Edited by TheAppletons
Typo

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Otteris or similar are the rage in Pattaya, quality side loading machines, 40+ baht, no need to iron or pay someone to do per KG, that's just a con, ironing socks and all that rubbish

need my hankies ironing !!!! and knickers!!!

42 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Suk Soi 24 (Bangkok) : Just past Emporium, Sukhumvit Express, 100 thb/kg.

Suk Soi 22: SuperWhite, 100 thb/kg

Sukhumvit, near Asok: Ayuthaya massage/laundry, 100 thb/kg

Chiang Mai: Lek Laundry, 50 thb/kg (near Corner Bistro, just around the corner)  Another place next door, same price.

So generous, thanks -and to all.

I just used an Ottaris laundry place. They give you free soap and encourage you to pop round to 7/11 for 10 baht coins.

As usual, one 40 baht, 40 minute spin dry left the clothes medium-damp. And then one dryer stopped for no reason. So call that five 40 baht dryer efforts and two 30 baht washing machines.

So 260 baht for the privilege of doing it myself -plus 50 baht to my laundry assistant, who I never saw again.

• Haha 1

Sukhumvit Soi 5. Walk away from Sukhumvit for about 100 meters and look on the right hand side. You will see a laundry sign.

Tiny little place, not much more than 5 square meters. It occupies a tiny corner of a foot massage/male grooming salon.

It's run by a very nice, straightforward lady. Prices are 100 baht per kilo for wash and dry. Ironing is extra per piece, and not especially expensive.

You collect your clothes 24 hours later. They also have an express option if you need something doing the same day.

Careful, you will walk past it if you are not paying attention. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/YraxXZShSbQpMomK9

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:08 PM, Lacessit said:

I used to go to a laundry in CM for ten years, run by an ex-policeman and his family. Usually 120 baht for a full basket, washed and ironed. Never mislaid or damaged a single item.

Plenty of laundries in Chiang Rai, 40 baht per kilo. There is a coin-operated laundry next to my regular massage shop.

Bit of a trek from lower Sukhumvit, the place that he's asking about.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How would he get his laundry there from the Sukhumvit 11-33 area?!

It was a general observation, the topic wasn't in the Bangkok forum when I posted, nor was the topic title "Where Can I Get Laundry Done on Sukhumvit Road?". Mods have changed title and moved the post. So don't be such a smart <deleted>.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Stocky said:

It was a general observation, the topic wasn't in the Bangkok forum when I posted, nor was the topic title "Where Can I Get Laundry Done on Sukhumvit Road?". Mods have changed title and moved the post. So don't be such a smart <deleted>.

"So don't be such a smart <deleted>".

Don't you be such a smart <deleted>, this is what he posted and that has not been altered...

"enjoying some stays in Bangkok along Suk Road.

Used to always be cheap by the kilo laundry places conveniently near the hotel, but I'm finding them gone"

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"So don't be such a smart <deleted>".

Don't you be such a smart <deleted>, this is what he posted and that has not been altered...

"enjoying some stays in Bangkok along Suk Road.

Used to always be cheap by the kilo laundry places conveniently near the hotel, but I'm finding them gone"

But why single out my post?

Others commented previously on the state of laundry in Samui, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani and Pattaya.

Get back in your box.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Otteris or similar are the rage in Pattaya, quality side loading machines, 40+ baht, no need to iron or pay someone to do per KG, that's just a con, ironing socks and all that rubbish

where is the con in doing someones laundry for them?

• Thanks 1

Bought a new Samsung machine 50/50 with landlord, staying at least 2-3 years and costed me 2700 baht. I usually can run a laundry, hang it out and have it dry by wind within a few hours only, a lot better than all the laundry shops, having to drive there, wait a day for the cheap price etc.

Also it smells better as I buy some decent detergent, my clothes stay better for longer. As well super useful with all the towels and bed sheets.

But if not having that, in most places I still know multiple 40B per KG places. Bangkok however is tricky, and I do not like drying machines in those new places too. Better to air dry it if you ask me.

I usually leave Bangkok within days, as I fly with hand luggage usually + run out of clean clothes lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 4/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, LaosLover said:

So generous, thanks -and to all.

I just used an Ottaris laundry place. They give you free soap and encourage you to pop round to 7/11 for 10 baht coins.

As usual, one 40 baht, 40 minute spin dry left the clothes medium-damp. And then one dryer stopped for no reason. So call that five 40 baht dryer efforts and two 30 baht washing machines.

So 260 baht for the privilege of doing it myself -plus 50 baht to my laundry assistant, who I never saw again.

check nana past the hooters

19 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

where is the con in doing someones laundry for them?

Hehe yeah, 40B per kg is peanuts. I do it myself at home pure out of convenience and being lazy to drive twice to a shop + wait a day.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 4/9/2023 at 7:19 PM, TheAppletons said:

Yeah, I'm gonna add that the prices of everything are going up here.

One of my favorite watering holes in Bangkok actually had a note on the tables today apologizing for the increase in prices, stating that their suppliers had raised prices and thus they had to do same.  My "go to" bacon cheeseburger went from 380 to 455 and a pint of Guinness went from 260 to 300 thb.

Lol, the supplier excuse. They just wanted or needed more money, 455 for a cheeseburger is a lot of money lol, I think you can get it in a 5 star hotel for that money. The last time I paid near 500, I was sitting in mahanakhon tower.

One upside of being pushed into doing it myself at a coin-op: so far 7/11 has been begrudgingly generous in making change for 10 baht coins. 7/11 is like the bank of the common man.

Yeah, this thread started out in the pub. I def like hearing about laundry service elsewhere. I was hoping for a little sociology on the changing face of Thai's getting out of the laundry business and why. 

Next stop: Hua Hin. Staying near the 5* reviewed Malee Laundry (50 baht a kilo).

You have to be the most Metta, pay it forward kind of person in the world to remember to rave about your laundry person on Google.

Said one fan: "socks matched". I can't wait.

On 4/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, LaosLover said:

On Nut has it, but you have walk 15 minutes, Soi 11 the same, Soi 33, only Coin op that you do yourself. Update: one of the massage women in the same alley will assist you and even put it in the dryer for a tip.

Well walk 15min, while its washing go for a massage. I hope you have a happy ending to your laundry problems.   You must have a very important life if you can't DIY :violin:  

Many people moved here for cheap sex.

I moved here for cheap sushi -and having someone else clean my house and fold my underwear.

I went back to the laundry assistant for a foot rub. She should stick to the laundry concierge career choice.

Soi 13 has one somewhat close to Sukhumvit either in a barber shop or near it, and another farther back in a shopping center that has an Indian restaurant in front.  Soi 19 has one on the left maybe 200 meters in, then another on the alley about 350 meters in, that runs from Asoke through to Soi 15.  That one is next to a coin laundromat.  Not sure of prices, The one on the alley off Soi 19 offers ironing, but not sure about the others.  Paid maybe 350 baht for maybe 4 or 5 shirts and probably 3 shorts ironed.  I think was by the kilo, but could have been by piece.