Registration for app section.38 (TM30)

If I register as possessor with my current passport but will return to Thailand with a new passport and visa, can I change the passport number in the app or do I have to register again? If I must register again, can I register from abroad or are there safeguards to prevent using the app from abroad? If I have to register upon arrival in Thailand, does the registration approval process take more than 24 hours? As fall back solution, I could register in the name of my wife, but I do not like using my wife's identity.

The blue house book lists my wife as owner but not myself as possessor. My 30 year lease is listed on the chanot which cannot be easily copied and has my name in Thai letters only. I do not have a separate lease contract. Which documents need to be attached for registration and is there a respective list? I read in a post that document requirements vary by immigration office, which is Jomtien in my case.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edited by Klonko

18 hours ago, Klonko said:

If I register as possessor with my current passport but will return to Thailand with a new passport and visa, can I change the passport number in the app or do I have to register again? If I must register again, can I register from abroad or are there safeguards to prevent using the app from abroad? If I have to register upon arrival in Thailand, does the registration approval process take more than 24 hours? As fall back solution, I could register in the name of my wife, but I do not like using my wife's identity.

The blue house book lists my wife as owner but not myself as possessor. My 30 year lease is listed on the chanot which cannot be easily copied and has my name in Thai letters only. I do not have a separate lease contract. Which documents need to be attached for registration and is there a respective list? I read in a post that document requirements vary by immigration office, which is Jomtien in my case.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I registered myself (all in English) as the Housemaster of my wife's house where we live. The supporting docs I uploaded were:

1) Copies of pages 1 and 2 of the wife's blue book.

2) Copy of my wife's ID card.

3) Copy of my passport ID page.

I received my userid and password within 24 hours. This was at Buriram, your IO may apply different conditions to register. When I get a new passport, I won't be registering again and will continue to use the existing account. Your passport is part of the TM30 you submit anyway, so that should be OK. As for registering from overseas, I don't know the answer for sure but I can access the TM30 website from my browser with my VPN set to Singapore. All I would suggest is that you try it yourself. The app (called Section38) is much more user friendly than the website. I only used the website to register initially and have used the app for ALL TM30 reports. Hope this is of some use.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

I registered as an owner via the website from the USA and no VPN.  It gave an error saying there already was a registration. So after I arrived in Thailand maybe a week to 3 weeks after I had tried, I asked the management company to do a TM30 for me, and they were able to register as some other category. (It is a rental.)  They received an account in a day, I believe.

Then a day or two after they did my TM30, I got an email saying my account was approved.  I don't know if the website had double submitted it, and I was seeing the response to the second submission.  But it did take mine much longer to approve than the management company's. No idea why as I had in person submitted a TM30 2 years prior and nothing had changed in the information.