Tesla to build new battery factory in Shanghai

onthedarkside

image.png.d010d51010c410aad671530aab450073.png

Elon Musk revealed plans to build a new battery factory during a visit to Shanghai Sunday, China's official Xinhua news agency reported.

Tesla's new project, which was officially announced during a signing ceremony, involves building a new Megafactory to make its energy storage Megapack. 

Tesla said the factory will aim to produce 10,000 Megapacks a year to be sold worldwide, per the report.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-tesla-plans-new-megapack-factory-in-china-2023-4

image.png.dfa8bd8bfcaa6e7e618e6e6c5e83b291.png

• Like 1

Elon Musk's electric car company Tesla says it is expanding in China as it builds a new factory to make its large-scale batteries.

The plant in Shanghai will be able to produce 10,000 of its "Megapack" energy storage units a year, the firm says.

A Megapack is a very large battery that can be used to help stabilise energy grids and prevent power outages.

Tesla already has Megapack plant in California, which also produces 10,000 of the units each year.

Mr Musk said on Twitter that the new Chinese plant will be in addition to Tesla's US factory.

• Like 1

The right wing love Musk but here he is farming out American jobs to the Chinese for profit. Go figure. Exactly what I said recently about the right voting against their own interests because the rich know how to play a useful idiot.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The right wing love Musk but here he is farming out American jobs to the Chinese for profit. Go figure. Exactly what I said recently about the right voting against their own interests because the rich know how to play a useful idiot.

And a guy from Oz is bothered. ????

36 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I had the same reaction. I guess always the contrarian is our Elon.