Cheapest New Car

mackayae

41 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Part of the reason why I bought the Celerio is because I think you would be very unwise to spend big money on a  new ICE right now.

Agree and may be a very hard sell in the future, when & if upgrading.

7 hours ago, transam said:

Our Suzuki Celerio GL CVT trans is now 8 years old......:stoner:

The big small car, 5 doors, 5 seat belts, doors can open near 90*, similar  headroom to a Vigo, cheap to run on E20, cheap road tax etc.

It is also as quiet as a mouse on the road. Parking is a breeze too.....????

PS. Ours does have wider alloy wheels and wider low profile tyres though..

1064780603_suz(2020_09_1104_33_26UTC).jpg.4cf65c630d77567178d98acf56b7a424.jpg

I wonder what it does on a quarter mile.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I wonder what it does on a quarter mile.....

cvt is about 15.5 sec for 0-100 and 80-120 is 12.37 sec. Dont know the quarter mile time. 

MT is 13 sec 0-100, 9.7 sec 80-120 (about the same as the current swift cvt)

source: headlightmag.com

• 3 weeks later...

Peeked at but never drove a Celerio or Swift, but don't think I'll be suggesting them as cheap transport in the future.

Daughter is in the market for a new car, and I suggested Celerio, and of course she likes the styling of the Swift.   Until driving around with her friend, who owns a Swift, and said it's a POS.  Considering she's coming from a 10+ yr old Mazda 2, that's saying a lot.   

Being the Celerio is ~150k cheaper than the Swift, she's rightfully thinking, the ride is probably even worse.  She does a bit of highway driving, up to Rangsit frequently, so wants something better, comfort & power.

Test driving the MG5 soon, as I think I'll do the same, and let her know my thoughts.  Priced about the same as the Swift, so should be a better choice.

Spec wise, no comparison, MG5 superior, larger more powerful engine, and a bunch of airbags ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Peeked at but never drove a Celerio or Swift, but don't think I'll be suggesting them as cheap transport in the future.

Daughter is in the market for a new car, and I suggested Celerio, and of course she likes the styling of the Swift.   Until driving around with her friend, who owns a Swift, and said it's a POS.  Considering she's coming from a 10+ yr old Mazda 2, that's saying a lot.   

Being the Celerio is ~150k cheaper than the Swift, she's rightfully thinking, the ride is probably even worse.  She does a bit of highway driving, up to Rangsit frequently, so wants something better, comfort & power.

Test driving the MG5 soon, as I think I'll do the same, and let her know my thoughts.  Priced about the same as the Swift, so should be a better choice.

Spec wise, no comparison, MG5 superior, larger more powerful engine, and a bunch of airbags ????

Ride quality of the Celerio is actually very good and I was surprised at how effortlessly it dealt with a 500 km trip. 

Both the Swift and the Mazda 2 are undeniably better looking than the Celerio.

MG5?  How many km/litre?  And I don't mean what they say in the brochure.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I think these small miniature cars talked about are death traps.  Many accidents in Thailand get rammed by a Fortuner, good luck.

Can Fortuners get rammed by 8 wheelers................? ????

16 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I think these small miniature cars talked about are death traps.  Many accidents in Thailand get rammed by a Fortuner, good luck.

23 years here, and not a scratch from other vehicles.   Called defensive driving.   Always know what's around you especially behind you when coming to a stop. 

Cars are amazingly safe now ... most anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

23 years here, and not a scratch from other vehicles.   Called defensive driving.   Always know what's around you especially behind you when coming to a stop. 

Cars are amazingly safe now ... most anyway.

You cannot stop being rear ended in any ride, unless you are Aladdin sitting on his carpet, that is........????

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Actually MG is extremely honest with the info, even conservative, or have been with the ZS, ICE & EV.

ZS promo stated 11 kp/L, using E85, and quite accurate, although you'll get 14 kp/L using 91.   Designed for E85, and used to be 29% cheaper, so about the same cost per 100 kms.   Performed a wee bit better on E85, but not enough to give up the kp/L now, since basically the same price, almost.

EV quotes 403/NEDC & 320/WLTP rating. Have actually gotten 403, rare, and most don't expect to, as don't drive that slow that long.   But we do consistently get 360 kms in 'ECO' mode, and that's at highway speed/90kph.  Car states more than 320 in 'Normal' and 308, I think in 'Sport'.  Assuming they are as accurate as 'ECO' which is more than enough performance on the highway.

That's interesting because Toyota Thailand's claimed fuel consumption for the Revo is way better than Toyota UK claim for the same truck and both are much better than reality.

28 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

MG5?  How many km/litre?  And I don't mean what they say in the brochure.

I,ve had one for two months and I use it mainly for long highway trips from Pattaya down to our house in Trang.....first return trip came out at 18.5 kms/litre......next trip 17.9 down and return last week 19.2 kms/litre on mainly E20 fuel (I have used 95 with out any noticeable difference) car has now 5400 kms on the clock and I drive conservatively doing 100 kms/hour where road conditions allow....whether fuel consumption improves as the engine gets fully run in I do not know......while down in Trang we did a short round trip 54 kms and I purposely drove around 60/70 kms/hour and returned 20.2 kms/litre.

30 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

When I am not driving a car I am riding a motorbike and I don't consider either activity particularly dangerous.

Probably the Sukuzi Celerio.  ฿360,000 THB in the showroom as of last week when I was having my 110,000 km maintenance done. Which is what I paid for mine 5 years ago, but this model had more bells and whistles then mind.
And 21.8km/liter gas mileage.  But it needs new spark plugs (the dealership didn't have spark plugs in stock so I have to go back after they order them - go figure).  I'm happy with mine.

Edited by connda