Cheapest New Car

mackayae

Not going to beat the price of the Celerio, and gets about 20 kpL.  I peeked at them, and kind of impressive for the price point.

If going for the AT ... then you may want to consider another 133k more, and think about the Neta V, as initial cost is more, but savings of operating an EV over an ICE will pay for itself as time goes on.

@ 37+ baht for petrol, it won't take long for the ROI of the cost difference.

image.png.b796a665b95aec4b0664a62c9650fe18.png

Length 4,070 mm.

Width 1,690 mm.

Height 1,540 mm.

wheelbase wheelbase 2,420 mm

ground clearance 130 mm.

Rear luggage compartment 315 liters

https://autolifethailand.tv/official-price-hozon-neta-v-thailand/

Celerio:

length 3,695 mm

width 1,655 mm

height 1,555 mm

wheelbase 2,435 mm

ground clearance 170 mm

Luggage space  313 liters.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

COME on, it was a typo.

Not sure about that, as 'a' & 'i' aren't exactly close on the keyboard ... but maybe the brain took over.  Typing deep recessive thoughts instead of topic at hand ...

... shh

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Resale value of a cheap battery-powered car? Those things will never pay for themselves.

And you would know this ... how ?

With the savings ... who cares, as you already got your baht back.

Ignorance vs experience ... loses every time.

Cost per 320 kms:

Celerio ฿600 @ ฿37+ per L

Neta V ฿46 @ ฿5 per kWh

Over the life of battery warranty / 180k kms:

Celerio ฿338k

Neta V ฿26k

฿312k saved ...  nuff said

Aside from no oil changes or tune ups ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Our Suzuki Celerio GL CVT trans is now 8 years old......:stoner:

The big small car, 5 doors, 5 seat belts, doors can open near 90*, similar  headroom to a Vigo, cheap to run on E20, cheap road tax etc.

It is also as quiet as a mouse on the road. Parking is a breeze too.....????

PS. Ours does have wider alloy wheels and wider low profile tyres though..

1064780603_suz(2020_09_1104_33_26UTC).jpg.4cf65c630d77567178d98acf56b7a424.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

The new Celerio is different to that, though...

Suzuki-celerio-2022-11-111.jpg.f797bbcb70e67a4409cf5185e7f88710.jpg

It was partly your enthusiastic comments that motivated me to test drive the Celerio.

Not this ugly bug thing though.  Mine looks essentially the same as yours.  So far as I know this blue thing is not on sale in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

I picked up a new Celerio GA on 8th May.

I back to back tested the Celerio manual against a Swift expecting to buy the much prettier Swift.  The computer controlled CVT transmission in the Swift was a big turn off for me.  It seemed to be constantly changing gear for no obvious reason and the relationship between throttle input and power at the wheels was pretty vague.

The Celerio, by contrast, put a smile on my face within minutes.  The three cylinder engine has a throaty thrum when worked hard and clutch and gearbox are light and precise.  Performance is surprisingly good partly due to the fact that the Celerio manual weighs just 785 kg.  Ride quality is excellent for a small cheap car.  Air con is excellent.

If you like electronic toys look elsewhere.  I paid 318K Baht out the door with some freebies; the most significant of which was one years first class insurance.

On the 500 km run from Bangkok to home the Celerio averaged 23.3 km/litre on Gasohol 91.  Bear in mind this figure is running in so I did not exceed 110 kph. 

I am well aware of the advantages EVs offer but I do not want to pay an early adopters premium and I would prefer not to buy Chinese.

The CVT doesn't have gears, but it has 2 ranges, the CVT uses the engine's torque to alter the drive belt position to speed up or slow down, as you speed up past a point it will switch to the second range. A clever system....

It also has a sports mode, if that is engaged you may feel the ranges switching more often....There is an "S" marker on the dash, pointing out you are in sports mode.

1 minute ago, transam said:

The CVT doesn't have gears, but it has 2 ranges, the CVT uses the engine's torque to alter the drive belt position to speed up or slow down, as you speed up past a point it will switch to the second range. A clever system....

It also has a sports mode, if that is engaged you may feel the ranges switching more often....There is an "S" marker on the dash, pointing out you are in sports mode.

I think what it does, in the Swift at least, is simulate gears.  I didn't try the Celerio CVT so I cannot comment on that.

5 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

It was partly your enthusiastic comments that motivated me to test drive the Celerio.

Not this ugly bug thing though.  Mine looks essentially the same as yours.  So far as I know this blue thing is not on sale in Thailand.

You are probably right, I haven't seen one yet, I saw a couple of new ones the same as ours at Suzuki garage last week, when I was there...

1 minute ago, In the jungle said:

I think what it does, in the Swift at least, is simulate gears.  I didn't try the Celerio CVT so I cannot comment on that.

In our Celerio you cannot feel any gear change whatsoever, you only feel a slight rpm drop when it switches to the second range, I cannot see the Swift being any different, but there is a MAT, which is an auto that switches a manual trans, very common in India......????