You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Bitten by a rat by the moat

Mac Mickmanus

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just been to the hospital  and it turns out that I am allergic to the horse vaccine , the rabies vaccine made from horses and the hospital didn't have the alternative vaccines made from humans .

So I have been walking around hospitals asking whether they have the rabies vaccine made from humans .

My life could depend on it 

Go to Suan Dok, Maharaj the District hospital.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just been to the hospital  and it turns out that I am allergic to the horse vaccine , the rabies vaccine made from horses and the hospital didn't have the alternative vaccines made from humans .

So I have been walking around hospitals asking whether they have the rabies vaccine made from humans .

My life could depend on it 

Good luck.

Get up to date with tetanus vaccine as well.

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is quite a serious thread and I do think that the mods should have a word with the person who gave a it a laugh emoji 

Best of luck mate hope you get it sorted! Please keep us informed if you find the correct shots!

I agree with your entire statement !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Glad you got the rabies shots sorted as it can come back and surprise you many weeks or even months later.

Out of interest - how did you find out that you're allergic to the vaccine derived from horses?

Is this something you were already aware of from previous vaccines or did they do some kind of test before administering it? How would I know if I'm allergic to vaccines that are made this way?

They measure your knob and if you have a horse sized knob , that means you are allergic to the vaccine .

Ha ha, only joking ????

I found out that I was allergic to the horse made vaccine due to a blood test they did at the hospital , they took a blood sample and did a test and got the results back within a few minutes

The virus makes it was from the entrance point (abrasion)  to the victims brain at about 10 millimetres per day , so it takes longer to get to the brain if the entrance point was the foot , rather than if the entrance point was the chin and once the rabies virus gets into the brain, that's it, game over , nothing more they can do and you just need to wait to die .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got my rabies shots last year...amount of cats/dogs I've petted in my time in Asia with no shots in me.

All it takes is a tiny scratch and being in middle of nowhere in areas countries where that animal has not been vaxxed = R.I.P.

Cheap shots at government hospitals about 250 baht per shot x2 or 3.

= get them asap. if you never have.

Get ahead of the game.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I also fear bites from rats and dogs, especially at night.

Recently I purchased a strong lumen flashlight and use it whenever walking in Nimmenhaimen and other areas.

It’s also helpful for warding off crazy nighttime food drivers.

4 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

You're a bit late posting here. Get to the hospital yesterday!!

Instead of talking tough and wasting time here, better get your keyboard warrior a$$ to a hospital soonest.

Does this pseudoscientific nonsense make you feel safe and/or immortal?

You have three days to get your first anti rabies vaccine shot after being infected  .

I have had the first shot done and three more to go in the future 

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are talking about people who get so upset about posts , they get so upset to an extend that they cannot forget it and move on and they seek retribution by going back day after day anonymously laughing at posts .

I sometimes "tut" at posts and then forget about them 

Haha, no I was talking about you specifically..you pull everyone up post-after-post I guess as you are so old you cannot 'read' the fast 'free-flow' of ribbing on forums...

Your language style shows how old you are.

It's cool bro. just roll forward..don't take all those laugh emoticons so deeply.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2