Bitten by a rat by the moat

Mac Mickmanus

2 minutes ago, chippendale said:

You're taking some very immature risks with your health. Your incoherent and rambling comments here might be one of the symptoms.

Get yourself checked at a hospital, stay sane and safe!

One must assume that you didn't read the post above where I stated that I have just had my first shot and am waiting the three  further shots 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I went next door to their sister hospital Sri Pat and I ended up in Maharaj where they hade the vaccine , they had to stick the needle/vaccine into the open would (teeth marks ) six times 

Damn! Gotta be a biotch in this heat. Here's to your health and all the best in 2067

• Like 1

The vaccine that you say you have been looking for is Human Rabies Immuno-Globulin (HRIG) Rabies.

Rabies Vaccine (RV) is different and it can 7 days before it produces anti-bodies to stop rabies.

Rabies can possibly incubate before this, though this is rare and depends on the position and severity of the wound.

To provide protection RIG already has anti-bodies and can give almost immediate protection before the vaccine kicks in.

It is pointless having RIG after 7 days from the bite.

HRIG can be difficult to get as it is very expensive, though it would be available in Bangkok.

Equine Rabies Immuno-Globulin (ERIG) is relatively cheaper and would have been the one that you are allergic to.

Rabies pre-immunization obviates the need for RIG  but still requires 2 vaccine booster shots which are quiet cheap.

A full RV course after a bite also obviates further need of RIG but needs 2 boosters in further bites.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

It's just your writing style..like you are touching mid-80s.

Interesting to read how you can get that info from peoples posts .

Are you genuine or are you just making it all up ?

Can you name the other posters who appear to be in that age bracket according to their posts ?

Lets see how accurate you are ?

6 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The vaccine that you say you have been looking for is Human Rabies Immuno-Globulin (HRIG) Rabies.

HRIG can be difficult to get as it is very expensive, though it would be available in Bangkok.

Equine Rabies Immuno-Globulin (ERIG) is relatively cheaper and would have been the one that you are allergic to.

Yes , I went to four hospitals looking for the HRIG and eventually found after being told its quite hard to find it and they injected it straight into the wound , cost about 2-3000 Baht

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes , I went to four hospitals looking for the HRIG and eventually found after being told its quite hard to find it and they injected it straight into the wound , cost about 2-3000 Baht

That's a surprising reasonable price, I would have thought more than that.

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Interesting to read how you can get that info from peoples posts .

Are you genuine or are you just making it all up ?

Can you name the other posters who appear to be in that age bracket according to their posts ?

Lets see how accurate you are ?

Mac - I think you have pervasive sarcasm in the typed form blindness.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

That's a surprising reasonable price, I would have thought more than that.

The often quoted price for the full treatment is about 5000 Baht

I paid 2-3000 Baht for that vaccine and another 2-3000 Baht for the other vaccine and tetanus shots and I got another 2-3000 Baht to spend on the 7 further booster shots , so, about right 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I went next door to their sister hospital Sri Pat and I ended up in Maharaj where they hade the vaccine , they had to stick the needle/vaccine into the open would (teeth marks ) six times 

I believe it's a series of shots over time isn't it? 

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

I believe it's a series of shots over time isn't it? 

The hard to find expensive shot (HRIG) is a one off jab into the wound .

The other regular  jabs are into the arm ( I am basing that on the fact that the hospital who jabbed my arm and sent me elsewhere for the HRIG , told me that I could get the regular boosters at their hospital, as they had a supply

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1