Bitten by a rat by the moat

Mac Mickmanus

On 4/16/2023 at 10:48 PM, simon43 said:

Regardless of how small the risk of contracting rabies from a rabid rat, I would have thought that the almost 100% certainty of dying if one contracts rabies, and dying in a rather gruesome manner would encourage anyone to get rabies shots.

Why would anyone NOT get rabies shots and anti biotics for the other diseases you can contract ?

The ten days of not drinking alcohol paid for all my treatment and I was in need of a tetanus update .

Why would anyone NOT get jabbed ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my local U.K hospital and told them the situation and what vaccines I'd had in Thailand and told them that I needed one more jab.

The Thai vaccines are not used in the U.K and not on the list of allowed drugs .

My hospital had to phone the Ministry of Health to get permission to use the Thai vaccines .

I explained the situation to the MoH and they gave permission for me to get injected with the Thai vaccine .

All in all, it all cost 12 000 Baht in Thai and I didn't have to pay in the U.K

If the risk was something like malaria or dengue fever , I wouldn't have bothered with the vaccinations , but rabies is a death sentence , once its taken hold on you , its certain death and there's no cure or anything .

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 4:45 AM, placeholder said:

I guess most people who get a rabies shot haven't been previously vaccinated. Anyway, your misfortune has given me the impetus I need to get myself vaccinated.

Once you've been vaccinated, then you don't have to get gamma globin injection into the open wound (if you get bitten) , that was the only injection that was unpleasant and hurt quite a bit .

I had been sat in the hospital waiting a while a knew what was coming and the Doctor walked over with a syringe in his hand and got the injection ready and then he began to explain what he was going to do .

"I am going to put the injection into the open would , the injection needs to go in quite deep and you are going to need about six of them and it might sting a bit and ............................"

I said : *Just shut up and  do it will ya, I really don't need a running commentary , just get it done "

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Once you've been vaccinated, then you don't have to get gamma globin injection into the open wound (if you get bitten) , that was the only injection that was unpleasant and hurt quite a bit .

I had been sat in the hospital waiting a while a knew what was coming and the Doctor walked over with a syringe in his hand and got the injection ready and then he began to explain what he was going to do .

"I am going to put the injection into the open would , the injection needs to go in quite deep and you are going to need about six of them and it might sting a bit and ............................"

I said : *Just shut up and  do it will ya, I really don't need a running commentary , just get it done "

Did they give you a piece of leather to bite down on?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am sure your polite comment was appreciated.