Will Trump attend his civil rape trial? Judge wants to know

onthedarkside

image.png.fff63677efad93c5fe18cb206d1f0d3f.png

NEW YORK — A federal judge wants to know if ex-President Donald Trump plans to attend a New York trial this month resulting from a columnist’s claims that he raped her in a department store dressing room in the 1990s.

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan issued an order Monday directing parties in the case to notify him by April 20 whether they will be present throughout the trial, scheduled to start April 25 in Manhattan federal court.

And later in the day, he rejected a request that names of anonymous jurors be released to lawyers, saying Trump’s latest public statements about a criminal case against him in state court show jurors might be harassed if their identities got out.

READ MORE

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/will-trump-attend-civil-rape-trial-judge-wants-know-rcna79091

image.png.7d8a4d78be0c10f98d97fc181699321a.png

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Personally I doubt it unless he can figure out a grift to dupe his rubes into giving him money 

Agree,vhe won't attend in person. I understand the need to know.

I agree with the non release of juror names, release would no doubt lead to harassment and threats.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A 30ish year rape accusation, in a department store dressing room of all places ????

You couldn't make this stuff up ....

... check that, apparently you can ????

I'm surprised she didn't accuse Harvey Weinstein of raping her also.   Add that one to her list.

Go high profile, or don't go at all.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trump asks to delay sexual assault trial following historic indictment

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump asked a judge to delay the start of a sexual assault and defamation trial for one month to allow a “cooling off” period following the historic indictment charging Trump with falsifying business records.

Joe Tacopina, an attorney for Trump, asked the judge overseeing the battery and defamation lawsuit brought by former magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll to delay the trial until the end of May. The trial is scheduled to start on April 25.

Tacopina said the pool of potential jurors will have the criminal charges “top of mind” when they are called due to intense media coverage and that could taint the jury pool. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/12/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-lawyers-trial/index.html

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

A 30ish year rape accusation, in a department store dressing room of all places ????

You couldn't make this stuff up ....

... check that, apparently you can ????

I'm surprised she didn't accuse Harvey Weinstein of raping her also.   Add that one to her list.

Go high profile, or don't go at all.

IMO 2 possible reasons for the accusation

1/ politically motivated

2/ possibility of a pay off, not necessarily from Trump personally.

Isn't it time to introduce a statute of limitations on such accusations? I mean, who remembers stuff they did 30 years ago.

At least the onus is on her to prove it with some sort of actual proof that it happened.

Most store dressing rooms I've seen have only a curtain, so can we believe that she made no verbal response to being assaulted, and there was no other person in the vicinity to hear such?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

1/ politically motivated

Isn't it time to introduce a statute of limitations on such accusations? I mean, who remembers stuff they did 30 years ago.

At least the onus is on her to prove it with some sort of actual proof that it happened.

Most store dressing rooms I've seen have only a curtain, so can we believe that she made no verbal response to being assaulted, and there was no other person in the vicinity to hear such?

3. Trump rapes the woman and she wants Justice.

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

1/ politically motivated

Or he did it remember the access Hollywood tape were he says he can grab the lady’s by their privates and get away with it or do you just feel the need to defend your hero?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump asks to delay sexual assault trial following historic indictment

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump asked a judge to delay the start of a sexual assault and defamation trial for one month to allow a “cooling off” period following the historic indictment charging Trump with falsifying business records.

Joe Tacopina, an attorney for Trump, asked the judge overseeing the battery and defamation lawsuit brought by former magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll to delay the trial until the end of May. The trial is scheduled to start on April 25.

Tacopina said the pool of potential jurors will have the criminal charges “top of mind” when they are called due to intense media coverage and that could taint the jury pool. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/12/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-lawyers-trial/index.html

Yet if Trump had 'a cooling off' period himself, the rape would not have happened as would the other 17 sexual misconduct accusations against him.

Trump himself was the one who overly publicised the indictment to gain the narrative and win sympathy to raise over $19m by swindling his supporters.

On a daily basis the narcissist makes himself "top of mind" to stay relevant with only himself to blame.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a civil suit, so she doesn't have to prove much.

Let's see what proof, oh yea, she has two friends that may testify, 'she told them' of the incident.  So it must of happened, as no reason ($$$$$$) to lie.  Nobody does that in court.

Hypothetical ... friend comes up to me, well after the statue of limitations for a criminal charge, and says, "hey, tell the judge, I told you someone (I hate or don't even know) did something to me"   I'm suing, they're a billionaire, and I'll spit the how many millions I get with you .... hmm, let think about that possible million $$$ pay off.

She tried it with another millionaire, and why I stated, 'surprised she didn't add Harvey to the list of people 'harming' her"

Go high profile or don't go at all.

$$$$$$$$$

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1