Unable to visit immigration office to extend visa

My 45-day visa exemption expires on April 15th. Today is the last day that the immigration office is open. Unfortunately, I am confined to bed due to the haze.

Will I encounter any issues if I attempt to extend my visa on April 18th when they reopen?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Go on the first day they re-open and you'll be fine, it will be BUSY.

In future don't leave it to the last minute, your extension will start from the current permit to stay end date.

Thank you so much ????

• Like 1

I had my work visa rejected because some problems with the school paperwork. The officer told me to go back to the school, get the fixed papers and return on Tue the 18th and they can process it then. Even though my visa expires on the 17th, he said there would be no overstay fine. But he wasn't sure if my visa was rejected again on the 18th if the overstay waiver would apply.

My school is closed and cannot get me the papers so I will have to exit Thailand and go to Savannakhet and return with a Visiting Thai Family 90-day visa. Does this mean I can leave the country on the 18th as well, and not be given an overstay fine? Or will I need to exit on the 17th as maybe the waiver of overstay doesn't apply if you're not getting your extension?

2 hours ago, TiltedTables said:

I had my work visa rejected because some problems with the school paperwork. The officer told me to go back to the school, get the fixed papers and return on Tue the 18th and they can process it then. Even though my visa expires on the 17th, he said there would be no overstay fine. But he wasn't sure if my visa was rejected again on the 18th if the overstay waiver would apply.

My school is closed and cannot get me the papers so I will have to exit Thailand and go to Savannakhet and return with a Visiting Thai Family 90-day visa. Does this mean I can leave the country on the 18th as well, and not be given an overstay fine? Or will I need to exit on the 17th as maybe the waiver of overstay doesn't apply if you're not getting your extension?

If you apply for an extension on the 18th (paying 1,900 baht) then whether the application is accepted or not, there should be no overstay fine. If the application is rejected (as appears to be inevitable) you would get seven days to leave the country, which at that point you must do. It is surely better just to leave no later than the 17th. If you qualify for a Non O visa, applying for this in Savannakhet seems best. Although you will apply on the 18th, you want to enter Savannakhet on the 17th, and queue up early at the consulate on the 18th. It will be an absolute zoo there when the visa run groups arrive. For goodness sake do not even think of turning up mid morning!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1