One motorcyclist dead every hour - RTP turn to cute cop to get bikers/pillion passengers to wear helmets

webfact

23 hours ago, Thechook said:

I've never seen a female officer out on patrol in Thailand 

Used to always be one or two sitting around on Walking Street evening shift. (Which involves sitting and playing with a phone all night watching motorcycles go by).

Forgive me but haven't we tried the cute cop thing already? If it worked so well why did they stop? On the other hand if it didn't work, why are they doing it again? 

Thailand encourages these multi day sessions of drinking and driving in December and April of each year....not to be cynical, but what's a few lives lost when there is all that money to be made????????????

They try this, tha, and the othe,r and nothing ever works ..

i know Thai's think they know it all,   but if only they would  import  an organisation that can show them  how to drive, and all aspects of road safety,  that i' m sure will save more lives than all this  messing about ...but that will cost money,...  so we know it will never happen

On 4/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, PaDavid said:

In the sticks no helmet is the norm. In fact, it’s rare to see anyone wearing one. But, of course, there’s far less traffic and journeys are mostly shorter, so probably a much lower death rate. 

Mmm short or longer journeys what's the difference PaDavid ? jump on your bike to pop round the Village shop jump on your bike don't look left or right bang your knocked off. What i'm saying is it does not matter what distance your traveling on a bike.

14 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Mmm short or longer journeys what's the difference PaDavid ? jump on your bike to pop round the Village shop jump on your bike don't look left or right bang your knocked off. What i'm saying is it does not matter what distance your traveling on a bike.

There are plenty of accidents for sure, but very few fatalities. Of course, there’s a much lower population density so comparisons with city statistics is problematic.

Personally, I only ride a non-motorised cycle - shorts & tee shirt (always white), no helmet. My biggest problem is the dogs. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:19 AM, webfact said:

An infographic called on people to get a full face quality helmet that fits well. It should be bright for nighttime visibility and changed every 3 - 5 years.

So why is the policewoman pictured with an open-faced helmet? And.......... Why do you never see a police officer on a motorbike wearing a full faced helmet?

On 4/16/2023 at 10:48 PM, PaDavid said:

There are plenty of accidents for sure, but very few fatalities. Of course, there’s a much lower population density so comparisons with city statistics is problematic.

Personally, I only ride a non-motorised cycle - shorts & tee shirt (always white), no helmet. My biggest problem is the dogs. 

Do you always wear cycle headwear PaDavid if your safety conciouse?

22 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

So why is the policewoman pictured with an open-faced helmet? And.......... Why do you never see a police officer on a motorbike wearing a full faced helmet?

Don't want to get confused with the other money collectors? 

• 4 weeks later...