Solar powered Hybrid DC Bi-Directional Fast EV Charging

Some cars have as much as 22Kw AC chargers (3 phase, 32 amps per phase).

It was a >100,000 baht option on one of my cars, I didn’t specify it, my home solar will charge at 7Kw but it doesn’t like it when the car stops charging and the inverters error and reset, I only charge at 24 amps (circa 5Kw).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don’t have nor want an electric car but would love to have solar panels and subsidize some of my electric consumption, however, all the quotes are extremely high and don’t seem economical. I wish they had government subsidies for solar panels installed to offset the cost and make it more viable. My house is large so I know it wouldn’t cut out the electric bills but it certainly would help. Last month’s bill was over 22,000. Hopefully they will come up with some help soon like they have in other countries. If anyone knows of a decent priced place in Pattaya I’d still consider looking into it again. 

Can't really help much technically, but recently had a holiday in the island of Grenada as a guest in a villa with a couple of old friends from years back.

They had about 48 solar panels on the roof plus a swimming pool and were completely self sufficient in terms of water and electric.  It was explained to me, but a bit over my head I'm afraid.  I'm sure each inverter had a raspberry pi attached to monitor / control things.

The electric also ran their Gen1 Nissan Leaf which was perfect for this island which was generally low speed everywhere and lots of steep roads.

I was very impressed, especially with the old, high mileage war-horse of a car which had a gruelling life over there - sometimes carrying 8 people(yes, 2 in the boot - it's not illegal there, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should!)

I hope OP gets where he wants to be.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, jcmj said:

Last month’s bill was over 22,000. Hopefully they will come up with some help soon like they have in other countries. If anyone knows of a decent priced place in Pattaya I’d still consider looking into it again. 

holy doodoos that is a helluva lot for leccy!! how many aircon uniits?? I'm not an electrician but I understand technology and I do know this stuff isn't expensive now......ie 335watt panels are 3800baht a piece and you can buy cheap inverters......search suoer we've been talking about it on another thread....

if i was me I'd just buy the stuff and rig it up myself with the help of some 'cheap labour' to 'have a go' lol

ie try say 6 panels to begin with, that'll give you 2kW of panels for not a lot of cash and that's a fair amount of electricity imo

panels here https://globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/072203095763