Hoarding disorder in Isaan

Stevey

Yes well as my last two post have gone down a storm. I thought I’d bring up an other issue I have with my girlfriend and ask other members is this normal ? 

I tried to have the place ship shape but she is just not having it. I thought I’d present some of the scenes from the house externally and one of the garden I’ve installed.  

This 5hit is actually reclaimed and added to from a pile I made out front in the front near the Soi a couple of years ago when I could stand the ants that were nested under all the piles of items. That was quite a heap 3 m long 2m wide and at points a Metre high. 

845C332D-3C7A-4A9B-ACC2-E4927DAF27B5.jpeg

E719573D-F6DF-4201-B82E-451E7A48BBC2.jpeg

3FC425EA-1152-4D98-A5DA-F5091C54DC05.jpeg

577E88E8-41A8-4817-8B76-B5F4C2AE8030.jpeg

566C3712-FBD3-4AAA-9C45-E2ECB3888734.jpeg

9CD2BE7D-AD9F-4A70-8DF3-015AA4BBC37F.jpeg

07F22EAC-DD0D-4CE1-9A32-60E5B5A2C92A.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hummin said:

This was quite normal most places in rural villages until recently. Things getting slowly better, but still more burning needed, and more things dumped roadside for making villagers have gardens tidy. 

Many places still no recycling or public garbage service.

Common is poor people struggling through life with mental health issues with no resources end up in piles like this. 

Are you sure? Our village us quite rural. Recycling guys coming through every other day.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Are you sure? Our village us quite rural. Recycling guys coming through every other day.

It is getting better as said, and after riding motorbikes around Thailand a few times, and not used the highways, there is neighboorhoods still looking more or less like this, even this seems a bit on the upper end.

Also got to see where they dump and burn the so called recycling collection. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is getting better as said, and after riding motorbikes around Thailand a few times, and not used the highways, there is neighboorhoods still looking more or less like this, even this seems a bit on the upper end.

Also got to see where they dump and burn the so called recycling collection. 

I think you'll find the dumping is not by the collectors as they would not burn or dump what they can sell.

Most towns, even the smaller towns, will have a depot. Almost always privately owned. You can't miss them. There is usually a big house in the background. Recycling is big money. 

I knew a guy who worked for the bottle company that makes bottles for Chang. All 90%+ recycled. 

Thailand leads many western countries in recycling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I think you'll find the dumping is not by the collectors as they would not burn or dump what they can sell.

Most towns, even the smaller towns, will have a depot. Almost always privately owned. You can't miss them. There is usually a big house in the background. Recycling is big money. 

I knew a guy who worked for the bottle company that makes bottles for Chang. All 90%+ recycled. 

If you say so, 

Edited by Hummin

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Yeah, there's a pretty big glass recycling place near us.

image.jpeg.c0cc018e044e5944e82478b3f8247a6c.jpeg

Beer cans (I seem to generate rather a lot of them), old lead-acid batteries, scrap steel etc. are all bagged up and sold by family for a bit of extra income. The bin-pickers really don't get a lot of joy with our bins.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Just saying it as I've seen it.

I agree there are some dumps and burning going on too. Just not stuff that's earmarked for recycling.

Look at Crossy's post. 

Everything they can make money, most do, and if they can burn, they burn, and many rural places, there is not capacity to deal with all the garbage. I have found many locations where the local garbage company dump and burn waste also waste they did not bother to recycle. I know this because I go on backroads and dirt roads where you would normally not go. 

Same goes for Hua Hin soi 94 to soi 102, and those who live in the area know what Im talking about.

Of course we share our experiences and I do not deny recycling exist, we also have a guy come and collecting our glass and plastic bottles as well paper. Plastic they do not want in our area, so we have to drive to her mother in next village where the garbage company at least picking it up weekly, and dump it on the nearest filling and burn it. 

8 hours ago, marin said:

I have question for you. How the hell can you live like that? Seriously inside and outside where you live is a dump, a literal dump. If you have a suitcase I would advise packing it and getting out. Just to think over time how you have chosen to live and accept living literally in a garbage pile. 

I know ???? it’s mental. 

7 hours ago, lanng khao said:

If you look closely you can see 2 rats leaving with there suitcases..

During the rat season (my girlfriend tells me it’s a season). Masses of rats brown in colour run across the roof and then make their way down to this bunch of bags pictured. Holding old rice and whatnot inside and then run back up onto the roof and then jump onto tree branches down the trunk of the tree and across the floor to where they live under the ground. My girlfriend sees them as absolutely no problem at all as if they were sparrows. 

388E73E8-AFAD-4517-9613-BF0DE0B949FF.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

Stevey, Stevey, Stevey, that's not hoarding, it's an accumulation of rubbish, grow a pair and pull her and her son into line or get the hell out of there!

She is a hoarder. I remember one of the first jobs I did when I go here 4 years ago to live the dream. I replaced the Bakelite 25amp fuse that all the circuits were screwed together into and fitted a 15mA RCCB. In the process the Bakelite ceramic got broken. that is still in a <deleted> filled drawer somewhere, I come across it from time to time and I remember the  time I first got here and the promise of the future. ????

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

There are recycle people who come round and collect stuff and give a little bit of money for bottles and cardboard, but mostly everything gets picked up every few days by the refuge collectors and get taken to a secluded spot landfill in the farmland near to the villages and it’s all dumped there. They are called บ่อขยะ Bore Ka-Ya. 

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Typical photos of many Thai  dwellings

I get around everywhere in the area on my ADV bike. I see lots of different villages and you can see the ones with money and the ones without money and I can tell you now the one I’m in is one with money. Everybody here has money from rubber trees and rice fields handed down through the generations. These people do not know they are born, obviously they have to work for it but to just be bestowed by your family generations before a massive piece of land to grow eucalyptus trees or rubber trees on is good money. Lots of the people in this village have got big New trucks, but they’re probably paying off over 20 years, but generally don’t leave the driveway because they haven’t got enough money for fuel in it.

anyway, that’s not my point I know if I wasn’t here to go on at her all the time this place will be far worse than this. I’ve ridden by houses many a time that look like a landfill. 

It’s funny because I can’t say she’s lazy she gets up at stupid o’clock and cooks the sticky rice. And then get to work in a factory where she works all day in the heat and drives back home for 1730. But the problem is when she wasn’t working for the first year of me living here through Covid she would sit around and do nothing and still the place was worse than it is now.

Some people were not taught to clean up at a young age and follow from one generation to the next…most can learn in time but it takes constant reminders for awhile.

When we first built our (hers) house we lived out in the country outside the small village dirts roads etc. had four neighbors and now we’ve got paved roads and more homes with no foreigners in walking distance that I know of,.,

two nephews one niece ( their parents live and work in Bangkok we are in Northeast) and grandma and grandpa lived with us. I’d see Grandma walking along take the wrapper of whatever she had a drop it on the ground…. nephews did the same .. but the niece didn’t.. if I saw any throw trash on the ground I told them pick it up… they did.

I’m fairly quiet unless you push me then you got a Lion on your hands that won’t shut up. So eventually they learned… they’ll slip once and awhile but not for long. 

so try to teach them and when they make an effort give them 20 baht once in awhile tell them get an ice cream or whatever..

when we were children 3 girls and 2 boys we weren’t allowed unsupervised in the family room that had the color tv a rarity in the 50s. had to put our toys up before bed … and we learned at a young age. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

@Stevey

Your first topic was believable. You asked for comments and advice. You don't seem to have taken any notice.

Your second topic was slightly less believable the more it went on. You sought advice. It seems you ignored it.

Now this. It now seems you are not seeking advice. You are either seeking attention, seeking sympathy or simply trolling.

If these topics you post tryely are real situations, get out of where you are. There is nothing there for you. Leave, leave, leave. No amount of posting by you on here will make it go away. You need to go away. Now. Simple.

Don’t worry about my motives for posting my situation here. It’s cathartic to share it and I believe interesting for people reading about it.

What does attention seeking mean btw. Just by the fact that I’ve posted  gives me attention. I’m not seeking attention. I’m just sharing it. 

As I’ve said before you are a piece of work. You know that inside. Do you post under YouTube videos in the comments This channel is seeking attention ? You’re a strange kid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Some people were not taught to clean up at a young age and follow from one generation to the next…most can learn in time but it takes constant reminders for awhile.

When we first built our (hers) house we lived out in the country outside the small village dirts roads etc. had four neighbors and now we’ve got paved roads and more homes with no foreigners in walking distance that I know of,.,

two nephews one niece ( their parents live and work in Bangkok we are in Northeast) and grandma and grandpa lived with us. I’d see Grandma walking along take the wrapper of whatever she had a drop it on the ground…. nephews did the same .. but the niece didn’t.. if I saw any throw trash on the ground I told them pick it up… they did.

I’m fairly quiet unless you push me then you got a Lion on your hands that won’t shut up. So eventually they learned… they’ll slip once and awhile but not for long. 

so try to teach them and when they make an effort give them 20 baht once in awhile tell them get an ice cream or whatever..

when we were children 3 girls and 2 boys we weren’t allowed unsupervised in the family room that had the color tv a rarity in the 50s. had to put our toys up before bed … and we learned at a young age. 

Yes little Dang 5 has had a hill to climb as far as getting civilised is concerned. Dropping litter has been instilled as normal and I have had to reverse this. And other bad habits.

One thing that really grinds my gears and I’m sure it irks some other members of the Isaan Section is when one of your dogs comes walking around the corner with a brown moustache only to realise it’s one of Dangs massive excrements that one of the dogs has sniffed out and is now running off with. I’ve pretty much got him passing his legendary logs exclusively via the toilet now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

My girlfriend sees them as absolutely no problem at all as if they were sparrows. 

therein lies your problem...and answer..and has trickled down to her son...children learn what they live.......

if there were only more good thai women in LOS who would like to live with a man such as yourself

you hold the keys to your own prison......ps my mom was a hoarder..your pics are not a hoard..we needed hazmat suits and a giant comm.dumpster

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1