How are the visa rules now?

7 hours ago, zzzzz said:

it has always been the same, be you enter from Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia or Burma
30 day visa exempt or 60 day tourist visa from Embassy
+ 1 30 day extension/ trip

15 hours ago, geisha said:

Please listen to the posts. You do not get more in Laos than Cambodia. Same entry rules !!  If you get a visa 60 days in Laos or Cambodia , it’s valid 60 days. This you can extend once in Thailand for 30 days only !! Then you must leave the country again . So you do NOT get 6 months. 
If you do a border hop with NO visa from the Thai embassy in LAos or Cambodia , you get 30 days 

VISA EXEMPTION zone entry to Thailand . This you can extend 30 days in Thailand. Then you must leave the country. 
You are allowed to do these border hops with NO visa 2 times in a calendar year. 

Last time i went for a border run to Laos, i received a 60 day visa, but when i went to cambodia i only got 30 days sir, i am certaint about that... 

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

Last time i went for a border run to Laos, i received a 60 day visa, but when i went to cambodia i only got 30 days sir, i am certaint about that... 

Are you receptive to advice? 

Just to be clear for others..

A border run means exit reenter visa exempt. 

That gives 30 day stamp.

A visa run means you attend a consulate or embassy and apply for a VISA. 

You have advice from experts such as @BritTim and yet continue questioning advice provided. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Ok., I read all of the post and replies, How about if:

I enter visa exempt...land or air...then go to IM and extend another 30 days.,60 days total.

Can I exit and return again? Visa exempt...30 days. and then go to IM and extend another 30 days.?

So 60 plus 60 ...

Second question. How many consecutive visa exempts are allowed? I read one post that says 2 a year....60 days ?

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

Second question. How many consecutive visa exempts are allowed? I read one post that says 2 a year....60 days ?

Each entry with a tourist visa or visa exempt can be extended once by 30 days.

You are permitted 2 visa exempt entries at land borders per calendar year.

Via air no stated limit, however continuous back visa exempt entries would lead to scrutiny and possible refusal of entry. 

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

Pre covid or now, it has never been possible to run to the border of Lao and come back to Thailand with 60 days stamp. The stamp is only for 30 days. But if you went into the Vientiane Thai Embassy and applied for a 60 day tourist visa then you can have 60.