Sunrise Tacos Is Expanding

We are please to announce that Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill is expanding on Saturday. We are opening our second restaurant in the Emporium Shopping Mall in Bangkok.

http://www.emporiumthailand.com/home.php

Sukhumvit Rd between Soi 22 and Soi 24th. Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill is located in the sit-down area of the Park Food Hall on the fifth Floor which can seat 400 people. (1,500 Square meters with 120 tables)

http://www.gourmetmarketthailand.com/fpark_en.php

post-2725-1183641358_thumb.jpg

post-2725-1183641410_thumb.jpg

One of the biggest request people had for sunrise Tacos “Please have a restaurant that their family or large group could sit in comfortably.” We feel we have honored the demand. Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill Emporium location is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. starting Saturday July 7th.

At this second location, Sunrise Tacos will have quesadillas and nacho supreme along with our gourmet tacos and burritos. All tacos and burritos will come on a large plate with Spanish rice and refried beans.

Along with your Mexican food at Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill, you can enjoy the 180 degrees landscape of Bangkok, the lush greenery of trees and the bright sunlight from the Benjasiri Garden through the Green House. Due to the increase cost of luxury and rent, this venue must have higher prices than the Sukhumvit Rd Soi 12- Soi 14 location. We are very happy to report that we are still much lower in cost when compared to any other sit down Mexican restaurant in the central area and will offer excellent value with excellent taste in one of the best shopping malls in Bangkok.

We look forward to seeing you there.

P.S. if anyone will play in the Independence Charity Golf Tournament in Bangkok tomorrow. Good news.... don't eat a big breakfast, we will be catering. We are proud to be providing free tacos and burrito, chips and guacamole and free Heinekens to the 144 players. This is all paid for by the Platinum Sponsor of the event AIA.

Interested in doing a Taco Night for your Birthday party? We can do it. Please e-mail or call us for a quote. 02-229-4851

www.sunrisetacos.com

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are please to announce that Sunrise Tacos is expanding on Saturday. We are opening our second location in the Emporium Shopping Mall.

http://www.emporiumthailand.com/home.php

Sukhumvit Rd between Soi 22 and Soi 24th. We are located in the sit-down area of the Park Food Court which can seat 400 people. (1,500 Square meters with 120 tables)

http://www.gourmetmarketthailand.com/fpark_en.php

post-2725-1183641358_thumb.jpg

post-2725-1183641410_thumb.jpg

One of the biggest request people had "Please have a location that their family or large group could sit in comfortably." We feel we have honored the demand. Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill Emporium location is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. starting Saturday July 7th.

At this location we will have quesadillas and nacho supreme along with our gourmet tacos and burritos. All tacos and burritos will come on a large plate with Spanish rice and refried beans.

Along with your Mexican food, you can enjoy the 180 degrees landscape of Bangkok, the lush greenery of trees and the bright sunlight from the Benjasiri Garden through the Green House. Due to the increase cost of luxury and rent, this venue must have higher prices than the Sukhumvit Rd Soi 12- Soi 14 location. On average 10 Baht to 20 Baht more per entre. We are very happy to report that we are still much lower in cost when compared to any other sit down Mexican restaurant in the central area and will offer excellent value with excellent taste in one of the best shopping malls in Bangkok.

We look forward to seeing you there.

P.S. if anyone will play in the Independence Charity Golf Tournament tomorrow. Good news.... don't eat a big breakfast, we will be catering. We are proud to be providing free tacos and burrito, chips and guacamole and free Heinekens to the players. This is all paid for by the Platinum Sponsor of the event AIA.

Interested in doing a Taco Night for your Birthday party? We can do it. Please e-mail or call us for a quote. 02-229-4851

www.sunrisetacos.com

Great! I am always in that food court when in Bangkok.

I ate there last night and it was doing a brisk business (and still very delicious). I also made the stupid mistake of dropping my cellular phone on the floor there. When I finally discovered I'd lost it (about 30 minutes later), I called myself and the nice woman working there answered and told me she had my phone. I came back 30 minutes later and got the phone back. Major Kudos to your restaurant and your staff!!!!

that was a very fast expansion. how is the asoke location doing?

Doing good, lots of repeat customers and word of mouth ...friends telling friends.

Is there any delivery to Sukumvit 77 ?

Some nights we will. No fulltime delivery guy. Depends on our stafff who is working and if they have a bike.

ate there last night and it was doing a brisk business (and still very delicious). I also made the stupid mistake of dropping my cellular phone on the floor there. When I finally discovered I'd lost it (about 30 minutes later), I called myself and the nice woman working there answered and told me she had my phone. I came back 30 minutes later and got the phone back. Major Kudos to your restaurant and your staff!!!!

You are welcome.

www.sunristacos.com

Any plans to expand beyond the middle Sukhumvit area? The new place is only a few sois down from the current location.

I like the sound of having a proper seating area though. Look forward to checking out your new gaff some time, and trying those quesadillas.

All tacos and burritos will come on a large plate with Spanish rice and refried beans.

So you do have refried beans. Why can't you get a burrito with refried beans inside rather than only red or black beans? You mentioned a while ago that you would have that option in the future, but when asking about it was told it was unavailable.

Any plans to expand beyond the middle Sukhumvit area? The new place is only a few sois down from the current location.

Next may be Khoa San Rd.

So you do have refried beans. Why can't you get a burrito with refried beans inside rather than only red or black beans? You mentioned a while ago that you would have that option in the future, but when asking about it was told it was unavailable.

We had refried beans for inside the burrito for a week at the Suk 12 location. We gave it as a free option and simply found not much demand for it. Haven't given up on it, in the future we will automatically be putting it on the plates in Emporium. On a burrito plate, I just feel it should have refried beans.

Please open one in Pattaya!

Thanks. This would have to be a franchise.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Jeez..there are only so many hours in a day G....you seem to manage to squeze 50 hours into 24.????

Fair play.

I love Mexican food...and will drop by the Emporium next time I am in BK..I normally eat Puri Puri there, but I will give your latest enterprise a go.

[quote name='Sunbelt Asia' date='2007-07-09

We had refried beans for inside the burrito for a week at the Suk 12 location. We gave it as a free option and simply found not much demand for it. Haven't given up on it, in the future we will automatically be putting it on the plates in Emporium. On a burrito plate, I just feel it should have refried beans.

www.sunrisetacos.com

So does this mean you will not put refried beans inside the burrito at the Emporium location?

So you only gave it a week and then gave up on that idea? I wonder how many of your customers even realized you had that as an option. Refried beans together with a burrito and refried beans inside the burrito are not the same thing. I'm a burrito lover and like my burrito with refried beans inside. In addition, a side of refried beans and rice on the plate is even better. Tacos or other items are okay, but a good burrito is the primary reason for me seeking out Mexican food. If you can't offer me the option of getting refried beans inside a burrito, then you've lost all hope of me being a customer. I really don't understand your logic - you agree that the burrito plate should have refried beans, yet refuse to allow them to be put inside.

BTW, congrats on your new location. For me, that would be a perfect location, and I'd eat there regularly when in town if only you had the one menu item that I want. I normally eat at least once or twice a day at Emporium.

Edited by Soju

I have to agree. You gave up too soon! Refried beans should be offered as a burrito filling. Why don't you try again and put up a big sign suggesting people try them INSIDE their burrito?

Real Cali- Mexican taquerias offer refried beans. They have soul.

Chains like Chipotle don't.

Come on. Be a chain with soul.

Edited by Jingthing

Tried the new Emporium branch yesterday after reading this thread.

It was pretty tasty, however I thought it was a little bit overpriced for the size of the meal. (I understand this is due to the high rental rates). On the whole I thought it was OK and a good alternative to the usual food court offerings.

Edited by ashacat

I gotta say I would like refried beans offered in the burritos too, and not just in the Emporium location. I never knew they were offered before, dunno if I went there the week they were offered but I never saw them on the order form and never had the staff offer them. Don't read this forum everyday so maybe I missed the announcement about the beans in the other thread, and I bet a lot of others are the same.

So you only gave it a week and then gave up on that idea? I wonder how many of your customers even realized you had that as an option. Refried beans together with a burrito and refried beans inside the burrito are not the same thing. I'm a burrito lover and like my burrito with refried beans inside. In addition, a side of refried beans and rice on the plate is even better. Tacos or other items are okay, but a good burrito is the primary reason for me seeking out Mexican food. If you can't offer me the option of getting refried beans inside a burrito, then you've lost all hope of me being a customer. I really don't understand your logic - you agree that the burrito plate should have refried beans, yet refuse to allow them to be put inside.

Not a problem of course getting refried beans inside the Burrito at the Emporium. We make it the way you like.

The problem at the Suk location is if not many people want the refried beans versus whole beans. we then food wastage. At Emporium as we will be putting it on every plate, we have no problem for demand as it goes on the plate automatic. Most of our customers are Japanese at the Emporium and most don't know refried beans anyway. They just want to try new taste.

The reason Chipotle and Baha Fresh don't offer refried beans is the refried beans don't hold up on the steam table well. We went to a crock pot which seem to work well but still you need the demand. Will try it again.

Tried the new Emporium branch yesterday after reading this thread.

It was pretty tasty, however I thought it was a little bit overpriced for the size of the meal. (I understand this is due to the high rental rates). On the whole I thought it was OK and a good alternative to the usual food court offerings.

Thanks for stopping by. Yes with the 25% rental cost on gross sales, our price had to be higher here than at the Suk location. (Also no drink sales to offset) That’s why we are doing Burrito plates and Taco plates to give more to the customer for the higher price. Still in my opinion we are cheaper and offer a better value than all other "sit-down" restaurants.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Went there Sunday with my friend who was craving for mexican Nachos with cheese (the gooey type).

Unfortunately, it wasn't available... only choice was to get it together with all the beef and salsa on top of the nachos. My friend even asked a lady who seemed to look like the owner (was she owner's wife?) but she said that wasn't available; so didn't push thru with the purchase.

Oh well. :D I completely understand that it's impossible to please everyone. :D

25% on gross sales? Wow! That's a real killer on margin! Understandable why you can't keep prices same as Asoke. :o

Mike

Edited by junkofdavid2

Went there Sunday with my friend who was craving for mexican Nachos with cheese (the gooey type).

Unfortunately, it wasn't available... only choice was to get it together with all the beef and salsa on top of the nachos. My friend even asked a lady who seemed to look like the owner (was she owner's wife?) but she said that wasn't available; so didn't push thru with the purchase.

Oh well. :D I completely understand that it's impossible to please everyone. :D

25% on gross sales? Wow! That's a real killer on margin! Understandable why you can't keep prices same as Asoke. :o

Mike

If I was there it would have been available as it’s simply hold the beef, salsa, sour cream, beans and whatever else you want on the nacho supreme. Nachos are simply the foundation to make the supreme.

I bet what they were thinking is we don't have a price for nachos in the Emporium system. If that was the case, I would have said to your friend "Lets ring it up as a different item with a lower price as I don't have the nacho key on the register." She would have agreed and everybody would have been happy. Will ask my wife if she was there as she usually thinks outside the box.

Will try to get a nacho tab on the Emporium register so it will be easier for the staff.

www.sunrisetacos.com

I’m amazed how quickly you have got the second branch up and running so quick!! I still haven’t managed to eat at either branch yet as I live just near KSR and it’s a long trip if I fancy a Mexican. There’s quite a few kebab stands around here and I recon something similar but Mexican with a few tables would go down a treat. Can we expect a KSR branch opening up as quickly as your Emporium branch? I hope so!!

Jake

I’m amazed how quickly you have got the second branch up and running so quick!! I still haven’t managed to eat at either branch yet as I live just near KSR and it’s a long trip if I fancy a Mexican. There’s quite a few kebab stands around here and I recon something similar but Mexican with a few tables would go down a treat. Can we expect a KSR branch opening up as quickly as your Emporium branch? I hope so!!

Jake

Fastest I've ever put up a restaurant. Here is how it went down. Get a call from the Emporium last Wednesday. Owners family of the Emporium had been in our store and was impressed as they loved the food. Home Works was moving out and the Emporium wanted us in on Friday. Told them it would be impossible as we were doing catering for 160 golf tournament players on Friday. Emporium has a waiting line of over 100 people wanting to have a restaurant there so when they say jump, you have to jump, if you ever want a place. We open on Saturday.

This branch took 72 hours to open! From having construction team making a counter/ hot well working at 10 p.m. to 6 a.m in the morning to another team making Sunrise Taco signs and a menu board to buying kitchen equipment to hiring additional staff to ordering more supplies and doing the prep work. We are understaffed so if anyone has Thai family have them call us 0879895639. Pay starts at 7,000 Baht per month.

KSR location in the last 24 hours looks like it has changed. The location ( 7/11 store) that we put a deposit on 20 months ago ( lease ends at the end of the month) now has a tailor shop connected to it. We were supposed to get that space where the tailor shop is for a veranda of the restaurant. It would have made a killer Mexican restaurant but now will be looking for a different space off of Khao San Road. Who said it was easy to get a space on KSR?

When you try and offer refried beans again, please put up a sign about it and add the item to your ordering form.

Ok will do.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Home Works was moving out and the Emporium wanted us in on Friday.

Somehow I just knew it was going to be the Homeworks that you were replacing being that was the number 1 place where I used to eat at when I went to Emporium. But good to hear you'll allow me to get refried beans in my burrito. Will definitely give it a shot next time I'm there.