What is your idea about this?

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

BBC ran a program saying Jesus might have been a Buddhist monk for 14 years. On youtube.

Read about Greco Buddhism.  I see it as quite possible Jesus was heavily affected by buddhism, or buddhism in a mix for the time being floating around as new age stuff.

Edited by Hummin

56 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

the bible is just jewish mythology! if humanity wants to survive, people must apply the principle "treat others as you want to be treated".
then, there would be no more war, no more famine on our poor earth! leave the bible or any so-called sacred literature where it is! for centuries, people have been praying, quoting passages from the bible & sacred literature, but nothing is happening and life on earth is becoming more and more toxic!

And then there are the "thoughts and prayers". It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad. 

• Like 1

Isn't it about the need of many to believe there must be an afterlife? Supplied in spades by Christianity....if you follow the rules. Convenient too for control of the masses, at least in the past. I've always found it bizarre that padres on each side in a war between Christian believer nations pray to the same God for glorious victory. One of them is going to be disappointed, perhaps both. Then there's the Muslim ( same God as Christians but it stops there!) glorious death reward of 100 virgins to keep you company in the afterlife. There must be a never ending supply...or are they shared around?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Isn't it about the need of many to believe there must be an afterlife? Supplied in spades by Christianity....if you follow the rules. Convenient too for control of the masses, at least in the past. I've always found it bizarre that padres on each side in a war between Christian believer nations pray to the same God for glorious victory. One of them is going to be disappointed, perhaps both. Then there's the Muslim ( same God as Christians but it stops there!) glorious death reward of 100 virgins to keep you company in the afterlife. There must be a never ending supply...or are they shared around?

I think the untold secret is that they remain virgins.

Everyone knows that God is omnipotent and can destroy the Earth and all those on it whenever He/She/They/It desires!! Noah had to build and ark to save the animals of the Earth, we have been threatened with fire and brimstone and all sorts of destruction for being naughty.

BUT, we are still here - the Earth and billions of people and animals are still on it. So, IMO, God might have been a bit peeved with us from time to time and may want us to change our ways a bit, but despite all of that, we are all allowed to live on so we can't be doing so badly. ????

Carry on regardless. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, asf6 said:

Everyone knows that God is omnipotent and can destroy the Earth and all those on it whenever He/She/They/It desires!! Noah had to build and ark to save the animals of the Earth, we have been threatened with fire and brimstone and all sorts of destruction for being naughty.

BUT, we are still here - the Earth and billions of people and animals are still on it. So, IMO, God might have been a bit peeved with us from time to time and may want us to change our ways a bit, but despite all of that, we are all allowed to live on so we can't be doing so badly. ????

Carry on regardless. 

Lots of animals and humanoids have become extinct. Why didn't he protect them?

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, asf6 said:

Carry on regardless. 

Do you believe we will survive as long Dinosours did? I do not think so, and I do not think even God have free will to do what God will, if he have any will at all, thats the question. 

f the Earth formed at midnight and the present moment is the next midnight, 24 hours later, modern humans have been around since 11:59:59pm—1 second. And if human history itself spans 24 hours from one midnight to the next, 14 minutes represents the time since Christ.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have bible-dyslexia.

Whenever I see a word and a number separated by a colon (Religious dull guy: 12-24), I can no longer read even a single word further.

Why do not religious nutters know this? It's the textual equivalent of bad breath.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

confucious say boy who have hole in pocket walk around all day feeling cocky ????

man who go to bed with sex on the brain wake up with solution in hand!

youre welcome!

Man who go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger.

• Love It 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:44 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

a) There was no god and is no god who created any of this.

b) Nobody can change sex. A guy might look (almost) like a woman, but he can't be a woman and have babies or change the chromosomes. And the same the other way around.

God and religion helped people many years ago to accept the world. Now lots of answers exist. We don't need an explanation like "god did it" anymore.

Some parts of religion helped people to live in peace together. And other parts made them kill each other.

I hope one day humanity realizes that god is similar to the tooth fairy and santa claus. 

"I hope one day humanity realizes that god is similar to the tooth fairy and santa claus. "

I remember as a kid thinking "the tooth fairy and santa claus are just stories, what about God and Jesus?"; at that time I concluded, "best to not think about that" so I didn't reach the obvious conclusions until later.  

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

100 virgins to keep you company in the afterlife. There must be a never ending supply...or are they shared around?

That is a great image. Imagine god giving 100 virgins to the newest arrival in heaven. And then they are used and no virgins anymore. And god repairs them to be virgins again. And then they are used again. For eternity... 

So, for most of you, because it's in the Bible it is nonsense.

What if it was written by Nostradamus?

Artificial intelligence has been recognized as a threat to humanity by several of the big thinkers on earth and have even named the danger that robots with AI could see humans as a danger and destroy them.

That's the reason why they start to call a ban on the development of AI.

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The OP is not about the Bible but about the current developments and how you think about it.

- AI has already been seen as a danger to mankind by several AI developers and they have called to stop that.

- A few super rich people joint to the New World order to control population.

- A few super rich people want to explore new planets to create their own world.

For every of these actions, there are reactions (Karma) which can be nefast to us.

What is your opinion on that?

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is a great image. Imagine god giving 100 virgins to the newest arrival in heaven.

Another thing, the sex of the virgins is never mentioned.  So it could be a "crapshoot" so to speak of what one would end up with.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

The OP is not about the Bible but about the current developments and how you think about it.

- AI has already been seen as a danger to mankind by several AI developers and they have called to stop that.

- A few super rich people joint to the New World order to control population.

- A few super rich people want to explore new planets to create their own world.

For every of these actions, there are reactions (Karma) which can be nefast to us.

What is your opinion on that?

Why is the rich exploring other planets you say? There will not be any escape from this planet for us or them in our lifetime, so why do they do it? 

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

Why is the rich exploring other planets you say? There will not be any escape from this planet for us or them in our lifetime, so why do they do it? 

The rich are crazy plus bored. No other planets are viable. Space travel hasnt gone far in 50 years.

29 minutes ago, bignok said:

The rich are crazy plus bored. No other planets are viable. Space travel hasnt gone far in 50 years.

There will always be a drive to explore, invent and make your name out there of you have ambitions. Every human needs aknownledged and fame, and the richer you are the bigger the dreams are.

While others is happy to hear hey, hansume man, where you go? ????

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There will always be a drive to explore, invent and make your name out there of you have ambitions. Every human needs aknownledged and fame, and the richer you are the bigger the dreams are.

While others is happy to hear hey, hansume man, where you go? ????

I'm 10/10 and eat curries. Space travel would have nice views but otherwise painful with toilets, food etc.

I don't think Star Trek is accurate.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is a great image. Imagine god giving 100 virgins to the newest arrival in heaven. And then they are used and no virgins anymore. And god repairs them to be virgins again. And then they are used again. For eternity... 

So God was into recycling then?

That'll get the green vote!

• Like 1