The downfall of my crazy old neighbor

markclover

An abandoned woman, lashing out at a random male  (the o.p)

..because the husband is hard to get hold of.

Conflict resolution is a lost art here.

Your only option (being a non-citizen), is to leg it.

Good luck trying to 'win'

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Control your cat!

All cat owners think everybody should love their cats, I once had a neighbour who said one day how you dont see and dog or cat <deleted>, I said to him you should come in my garden and see it, He had 5 dogs and we lived in a moo baan that was all open plan, no garden walls or fences, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, proton said:

At least she never had a few dogs or a sound system blaring out, they are the worst neighbours

I had the nicest Thai neighbours you could imagine. Unfortunately they had nine dogs, which they kept shut in the garden. Never walked. You can imagine the noise they made 24/7. Fortunately, they've moved and the present owner only has one dog which is fairly quiet because it is regularly walked by its farang owner. I don't have any dogs, which is bliss. Unfortunately others in the community do, usually the mandatory four or more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Snugs08 said:

Did your cat damage the plants? I always seem to get entitled cat owners where I live, one used the small bit of grass I had as it's twice daily crapping ground, and it adds up quickly, the cat not the owner 555, the owner didn't have a care in the world, wouldn't contribute to any mitigation measures - even said he could come and collect the crap once a week, wasn't interested... well eventually he was but I won't go into what I did to get his attention.. 

If you insist your cat should roam, maybe you could of resolved the situation by inquiring about the state of the plant damage and something as trivial as 200 baht towards some netting? Or at least fein some interest instead of - well you and your daughters are at home all day so you should watch out for my cat.

Sounds like she won, possibly the battle and the war, you and your cat moved... she'll be back in the line group shortly.,

Signed "Not the crazy old neighbor at all, oh no"

????

• Haha 1

Is there any legal restrictions in Thailand on placing a deterrent on your own property if you become a repeat victim of an entitled cat owner  - garden filling with cat crap that they refuse to collect each evening, plants damaged and not replaced, motorbike seat ripped apart etc..  A deterrent being a cat trap, or some form of temporary non-lethal poison, I threatened a deterrent last time and it was enough to spur the owner to eventually do something - funnily enough I never saw that cat again I wonder if it ended its roaming days or he just bought a litter box for his own house.

Edited by Snugs08
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have been the “ landlord” for over thirty cats at the same time! ( I only brought one spayed kitten with me, and adopted one that was attacked by a neighbors dog.)  Of course I had thirty acres of prime AZ desert, and two litter boxes for the indoor crowd. The rest were content with the outdoor “ cat house”  or one of the three outbuildings.

There seems to be an efficient “ jungle telegraph” involved for crazy old cat people, as more and more kept showing up. They never seemed to bother my hens, and really didn’t disturb my gardens much. Not a rodent to be found on the place, and several were “ pals “ with my beagles and horses.

I can’t keep any now because “ cat scratch fever” really is a thing, and it seems you are susceptible once you’ve had one bout; missing half a big toe due to sepsis/gangrene from a neighboring cat bite here in LOS. 

• 2 weeks later...