British man accused of setting fire to hotel in Chiang Mai

webfact

5 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The behaviour of Brits arriving in Thailand is markedly worse than it was in the 1970/80s.

You don't think thats just your confirmation bias fuelled by social media ??...

The only news outlets in Thailand in the 70’s and 80’s was the Bangkok post..  chances any expat at that time had no idea what was going on outside of their bubble... But don’t let that get in the way of Brit-bashing !!.. :whistling:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He had a British passport, doesn't mean he's a true Brit.

What constitutes a ‘true Brit’ in your eyes ???

nth generation, suit, bowler hat, umbrella....    or rolled up trousers and shirt sleeves with a knotted hanky on the head when on holiday ?????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Yep  ... I am a Brit and increasingly ashamed of the reputation that some Brits create overseas .... sadly not just in Thailand although it seems to be a magnet for more than its fair share

Me too....     there are idiots misbehaving everywhere and every time someone does something stupid it fits into someone else’s confirmation bias.... 

Fortunately the vast majority of foreigners here are perfectly normal, behaving in a respectful manner etc...    But that doesn’t generate clicks...

• Like 2

I thought the reporting of a suspects Nationality was not good form to be quoted in the media anymore at least until convicted.

In this particular case and in law the suspects Nationality has zero relevance until convicted.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 0815 said:

Hope he will find a judge who doesn't like foreigners.

How about one that is just, transparent and judges based purely on the merits of the case rather than the defendants gender, race or religion?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, IamNoone88 said:

Makes my blood boil. How many Thai's travel to the UK or Europe or the US, get into an argument and then set fire to their hotel room? Zero. Absolutely none. Yet Brits and others come here and cause so many problems, every day. Find him and lock him up for a very long time.

Possibly because Thais who can afford to travel to the UK or Europe are wealthy and unlikely to engage in activities unbecoming of people of that class. Whereas all sorts of foreign scum can afford to visit Thailand, Cambodia etc, including folk like this guy whose first reaction to a spot of friction is to do the unthinkable, including harming persons or objects. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The behaviour of Brits arriving in Thailand is markedly worse than it was in the 1970/80s.

The Nigerians dominated foreign prison numbers then. The Brits were second, but largely because of the Hong Kong Chinese on foreign passports whose criminal activities reflected badly on the mother country issuing passports.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, Sandboxer said:

The UK passport office should continue its strike indefinitely.

It has to be said - the % of UK travellers who act like double dose Downey retards is noticeably disproportionate to other nationalities' mental midget demographics.

You haven't read any German-language forums then.

Or Swedish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spock said:
13 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The Nigerians dominated foreign prison numbers then.

'Nigerains dominated foreign prison numbers' ... in Thailand In the 1970's & 80"s?!  The idea of Fake Facts is to make it somewhat believable. Try again.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Not at all sure about that Bob, I was a proper hoon in the early 80's. Even got myself banged up in Pattaya in '84.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/20/2023 at 8:33 AM, mikeymike100 said:

Quite so, he hasn't, as yet, been tried in a court and convicted of anything, but many posters automatically jump to conclusions as you have said?

It would seem many posters hate the Brits for some reason?

Us Brits live rent free in the haters spacious skulls.

On 4/20/2023 at 9:44 AM, IamNoone88 said:

Yep  ... I am a Brit and increasingly ashamed of the reputation that some Brits create overseas .... sadly not just in Thailand although it seems to be a magnet for more than its fair share

Surprised that a snowflake survives the heat in Thailand.