Can you easily buy low fat (1%) fat milk in supermarket?

19 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A few decades ago, or should I say many decades ago, the big "thing" was about giving up items rich in dairy fat (as well as other fats), and that included milk, so I gave that up and used low fat milk, and have used it ever since, and now whenever anybody makes me a cup of tea with the "normal/full fat" milk, it tastes too creamy for me – – so I've stuck with the low-fat stuff and it suits my tastes now

Low fat is a good thing, people have different opinions on it, nutrition is similar to religion, pick a side

• Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

kinda important, overweight people giving nutrition advice shouldn't be listened to

Unfit people shouldn't either. You can't be that fit if you only use bmi as a measure as most people don't even worry about it anymore. Lots of skinny people are actually not that fit or healthy. The links contain the nutrition data. I don't care what you eat. I only drink milk in coffee myself.

22 minutes ago, bignok said:

Unfit people shouldn't either. You can't be that fit if you only use bmi as a measure as most people don't even worry about it anymore. Lots of skinny people are actually not that fit or healthy. The links contain the nutrition data. I don't care what you eat. I only drink milk in coffee myself.

I'm very fit thanks, too many fatties on here trying to tell people what to eat

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215

BMI not considered accurate anymore

"A team of researchers at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, found better post-surgical short-term survival rates among people with obesity than patients of normal weight3. Patients with a BMI of 23.1 or less were more than twice as likely to die within 30 days of surgery than those with a BMI of 35.3 or more."

Edited by bignok

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some of us have posted numbers already, you've posted nothing, just usual links and saying you're good at walking 555. As if we are going to post photos 555

Ok so no proof then. Also you might want to read up on BMI flaws plus read the studies on fat. It seems you haven't done much yet. 

Promoting BMIs (discredited over 15 years ago) as a measure of health is pretty bad.

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

Ok so no proof then. Also you might want to read up on BMI flaws plus read the studies on fat. It seems you haven't done much yet. 

Promoting BMIs (discredited over 15 years ago) as a measure of health is pretty bad.

Presumably your BMI is high? most likely in the overweight\obese level? it's very common for people with high BMIs to try to discredit it for everyone

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably your BMI is high? most likely in the overweight\obese level? it's very common for people with high BMIs to try to discredit it for everyone

Scientists discredited BMIs years ago. 100m runners are considered high BMI. At least do some research on the topic.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok I'll conclude that you are overweight and trying to tell people what to eat, who'd listen to that

In his prime fighting weight Mike Tyson was 5'10' and 220 pounds. According to BMI charts Mike's BMI of 31.6 would classify Mike as clinically obese.

https://kellypersonaltraining.com/blog-overview/2015/04/14/bmi-versus-eyeballing#:~:text=In his prime fighting weight,classify Mike as clinically obese.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

In his prime fighting weight Mike Tyson was 5'10' and 220 pounds. According to BMI charts Mike's BMI of 31.6 would classify Mike as clinically obese.

https://kellypersonaltraining.com/blog-overview/2015/04/14/bmi-versus-eyeballing#:~:text=In his prime fighting weight,classify Mike as clinically obese.

We know about all that but you aren't an Olympian or Mike Tyson, come back to reality, you are most likely a fat bloke who walks and thinks he's fit

Edited by scubascuba3

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

People can be fat and semi fit but walking doesn't make you fit, heart hardly gets over 80bpm if you're properly fit

It's pretty embarrassing you know nothing about BMI and nutrition contained in fat whilst abusing people who prove you wrong.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

doesn't answer the question, easy to walk for miles fast, what's your BMI?

24.1 is mine...even though you didnt ask me.  555

Eat less and spend your pension money on one hour physical therapy sessions with local working girls is my philosophy for staying fit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

24.1 is mine...even though you didnt ask me.  555

Eat less and spend your pension money on one hour physical therapy sessions with local working girls is my philosophy for staying fit

Almost overweight then. Lift more weights it will be 26. Overweight.