My bag got stolen today

markclover

On 4/22/2023 at 4:54 AM, Stevey said:

And life is so much easier on an Apple device with face recognition. If my iPhone12’s face recognition system says it’s me that good enough for my bank so it must be secure 

And the difference to an android phone with face recognition is what exactly?

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Stevey said:

You can buy an android and open settings add a user name and password , verify the account is yours via a text from Apple to the registered SIM cards or pre-registered friends numbers and everything gets sucked into the phone ? 

Are you sure ? My general rule is to blank anyone I see with a non IOS phone on the basis that they either have no sense of right or wrong Sometimes I just feel sorry for them and try to educate the poor devil.

I actually have an iPhone - I bought an iPhone 14 Pro Max about two months ago.  My last iPhone before that was an iPhone 4 after which I switched to Samsung and have stayed there ever since as they just did more things better than an iPhone. However I decided to come back and give Apple a chance as I use a Mac Book Pro and figured it would make sense to be all Apple.

Verdict? Meh. It's decent but has many annoying deficiencies and if I had the choice again I would have gone Samsung S22 Ultra. Android is just a bit slicker. But at the end of the day a phone is a phone and when it comes time to buy my next one (not for a few years hopefully) I'll see what's on the market and chose what is best - I certainly wouldn't automatically buy one on brand loyalty as that would be stupid and only morons shop that way. (Oh, seems that's the way you shop? Sorry)  Fanboys are just weird.

I do the same with my cars too and have never owed the same brand more than once in a row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

I actually have an iPhone - I bought an iPhone 14 Pro Max about two months ago.  My last iPhone before that was an iPhone 4 after which I switched to Samsung and have stayed there ever since as they just did more things better than an iPhone. However I decided to come back and give Apple a chance as I use a Mac Book Pro and figured it would make sense to be all Apple.

Verdict? Meh. It's decent but has many annoying deficiencies and if I had the choice again I would have gone Samsung S22 Ultra. Android is just a bit slicker. But at the end of the day a phone is a phone and when it comes time to buy my next one (not for a few years hopefully) I'll see what's on the market and chose what is best - I certainly wouldn't automatically buy one on brand loyalty as that would be stupid and only morons shop that way. (Oh, seems that's the way you shop? Sorry)  Fanboys are just weird.

I do the same with my cars too and have never owed the same brand more than once in a row.

Remember to get AppleCare Plus. You can buy it within a couple of months or so of purchasing a new iPhone. It will cost you about £150 or £200 for two years of cover and for that you can get your phone replaced if you smash the rear glass and also there’s even a lost service so if you lose your phone they’ll replace it for free, or maybe there is a surcharge. The brilliant thing about it is just before the AppleCare plus ends you walking to the Apple Store. Drop it on the floor so it smashes the rear screen which can only be remedied by replacing the phone and you get a new phone, there and then. You then sell the phone or give the phone to a friend and buy the next model, everyone’s a winner 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Stevey said:

You can hold a picture up to a Samsung and it will open the phone. 

Funny. You shoot a picture of the owner first, then print it out in the right size, then cut ist carefully - and then you realize, it's a newer Pixel-model and all your work was for nothing :-).

Btw: there are different ways to unlock an iPhone. You find the hacks in the net. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Funny. You shoot a picture of the owner first, then print it out in the right size, then cut ist carefully - and then you realize, it's a newer Pixel-model and all your work was for nothing :-).

Btw: there are different ways to unlock an iPhone. You find the hacks in the net. 

You’re a contrarian, just keep on keeping on. Samsungs do many things great but I would not entertain one unless it’s given to me by my employer. 

Here is a recent Samsung model being opened with an image shown to it on an IPad. 05:00 in to get to the meat  

Edited by Stevey

• 3 months later...