My bag got stolen today

markclover

Everything gone except for my passport that is at home.  Lucky I don't carry it around with me.  That would have taken ages to replace plus my work permit is running out.  My phone was in the bag as well but they are not answering it. 

I don't blame them.  If I saw a lost bag, I would take it.  Drive far enough and pull the battery out of the phone.  Then go home and reformat the device.  It's only right.

Edited by markclover
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

I don't know if they still do, but it was common for people here, usually girls/women, to leave their bag on a table in a food court to 'reserve' it while they got their food. And then there were sad tales of them returning to the table and their bag and/or phone had gone. Now, if they had realised that by the time they got their food there were likely to be seats available anyway after others had finished their meal and left.....

11 hours ago, RandiRona said:

You sir!! kind of people we need , Forget and forgive , though you did mention plans of grabbing some unattended bags and format the device.... you are a great planner as well!! Kudos!!

Next time he goes to the atm I'm  there with water gun

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, markclover said:

If I saw a lost bag, I would take it.  Drive far enough and pull the battery out of the phone.  Then go home and reformat the device.  It's only right.

I read in another of your posts you are English right?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You can do all of that on an Android phone too.

You can buy an android and open settings add a user name and password , verify the account is yours via a text from Apple to the registered SIM cards or pre-registered friends numbers and everything gets sucked into the phone ? 

Are you sure ? My general rule is to blank anyone I see with a non IOS phone on the basis that they either have no sense of right or wrong Sometimes I just feel sorry for them and try to educate the poor devil.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't know if they still do, but it was common for people here, usually girls/women, to leave their bag on a table in a food court to 'reserve' it while they got their food. And then there were sad tales of them returning to the table and their bag and/or phone had gone. Now, if they had realised that by the time they got their food there were likely to be seats available anyway after others had finished their meal and left.....

This is the exact reason why when I go out to a restaurant, I always take a massive suitcase with no wheels filled with rocks to reserve my table if I ever need to go to the toilet to do a line of Charlie

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Stevey said:

You can buy an android and open settings add a user name and password , verify the account is yours via a text from Apple to the registered SIM cards or pre-registered friends numbers and everything gets sucked into the phone ? 

Are you sure ? My general rule is to blank anyone I see with a non IOS phone on the basis that they either have no sense of right or wrong Sometimes I just feel sorry for them and try to educate the poor devil.

Something like that.    All my contacts, pictures, documents, etc were downloaded from someplace onto my new Samsung android phone in the U.S. of A., after the old one crapped out in Thailand last year. 

14 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Something like that.    All my contacts, pictures, documents, etc were downloaded from someplace onto my new Samsung android phone in the U.S. of A., after the old one crapped out in Thailand last year. 

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/changes-to-gallery-sync-samsung-cloud-drive-and-premium-storage/#:~:text='Gallery Sync'%2C 'My,and files that you want.

Is all that going to google ?  

And life is so much easier on an Apple device with face recognition. If my iPhone12’s face recognition system says it’s me that good enough for my bank so it must be secure 

31 minutes ago, Stevey said:

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/changes-to-gallery-sync-samsung-cloud-drive-and-premium-storage/#:~:text='Gallery Sync'%2C 'My,and files that you want.

Is all that going to google ?  

And life is so much easier on an Apple device with face recognition. If my iPhone12’s face recognition system says it’s me that good enough for my bank so it must be secure 

Who knows where it's going?  Not I.   
Does it matter?   Google, Microsoft, apple, opm.gov?
They all have my life history someplace!
It's that black web that worries me.   They have it all too!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not so easy to just "pull out" the battery of most modern phones.

Last year at the mall across the street from the condo, the battery in my Samsung popped out all by itself!   I had just bought a screen protector and watched it put on.  When the cell phone was given back to me it felt warm then got warmer.   The phone split apart as I walked out the nearest exit thinking the damn thing was going to explode, catch fire, or both!  With me hoping it didn't like those youtube video's I saw!

My cell phone died a hot death by expanding battery! 

Edited by radiochaser