Drunk hit-and-run driver in Bangkok flees scene with victim clinging to bonnet (video)

webfact

On 4/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, Wiggy said:

The problem with leaving it to the police though is that they know how it will end; with the taxi rider being charged for damage to the car, or something equally as idiotic. Hence this trend of vigilante justice we see here. Just my opinion. 

Indeed, that's WHY there is a prevailing culture of vigilantism here, because the common Thai citizen full well knows that the police here have a long pattern of excusing and abetting misconduct / illegal acts by those with wealth and/or influence, because they financially benefit by doing so.

Heck, the police did exactly that involving the rich, hi-so low-life who struck and killed one of their own officers (the Red Bull case). So what chance for justice does a win motorcycle taxi driver have against some rich, entitled punk driving around in a Mercedes while intoxicated?

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair... the Moto rider had every chance to get off the bonnet. 

There were about 10 aggressive moto-drivers around the car. 

Who in that situation has the skills to de-escalate against 10+ angry, aggressive, tooled up taxi-riders intent on exacting their version of 'justice' ???.... 

Me ???..... 100% I'd be driving away....    I'd be 100% wrong in doing so... but I'd been 100% making sure a group of 10+ guys could not kick the living cr@p out of me !!!!...