Drunk hit-and-run driver in Bangkok flees scene with victim clinging to bonnet (video)

webfact

39 minutes ago, 2009 said:

The accident had happened. The driver didn't flee. No hit n run

Actually, if you had read the full story, you would have discovered:

Police say that the drunk driver hit the victim before fleeing the scene, but the group of win drivers quickly followed and managed to stop the car at the Rama 9 intersection, which is when the victim lay on the bonnet, as seen in the clip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yep, and add:  come in to pay the 10Baht (if you really want to), whenever convenient, or we can send a senior out to your house to pick up the cash or you can pay the officer by QR code. 

At least the motorbike taxi rider got 50,000 out of it. and the driver is looking at 2 to 6 years and up tp 100,000 fine. That gives something for the RTP to negotiate with.

• Confused 1

It wasn’t exactly a hit and run case. More like hit…run. The mocy rider would’ve quickly seen the $$$ signs. No way I’m gonna let this opportunity slip, he must’ve thought. He didn’t seem hurt enough if he was able to hop on the bonnet and hang on to it. 
The rider and his mates are probably at a bar eating, drinking, tipping pretties courtesy of the moron kid. 

Edited by AustinRacing
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

At this point, I don't think it's a hit n run. So long as the driver went straight to the police as per the law, I reckon no charges besides careless driving for the initial accident (if the initial accident was even the car driver's fault)

They tried to take the law into their own hands and messed up.

Perhaps you could have just read the link then those involved wouldn't need your "armchair legal" input.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

It wasn’t exactly a hit and run case. More like hit…run. The mocy rider would’ve quickly seen the $$$ signs. No way I’m gonna let this opportunity slip, he must’ve thought. He didn’t seem hurt enough if he was able to hop on the bonnet and hang on to it. 
The rider and his mates are probably at a bar eating, drinking, tipping pretties courtesy of the moron kid. 

So much speculative garbage; what about the damage to his bike, doesn't he deserve compensation for that, even if he was uninjured (he wasn't uninjured)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

What is going on?

Why is he hanging onto the bonnet while the car is stationary?

He expected, from the "get go", that the driver would to try to make off (like what they frequently do).

He aimed to discourage the driver from attempting to drive away.

It      didn't      work.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Why do you ignore the point that the mc driver who ended upon upon the bonnet is very probably trying to stop the driver from fleeing?

Cos it's not his job.

He isn't a police officer 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So much speculative garbage; what about the damage to his bike, doesn't he deserve compensation for that, even if he was uninjured (he wasn't uninjured)

I think you’re confusing comments with speculation. Borderline abusive replies to a few contributors here I can see. 

• Haha 2