Public hospital director in Thailand caught in underage sex scandal

snoop1130

c1_2554215.jpg

Image via Bangkok Post

The director of a public hospital in Leoi province in northeast Thailand and two accomplices were arrested yesterday by Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division (ATPD) officers for buying sex from underage girls.

Three men were apprehended by ATPD officers in the Kudpong area of Mueang district. The suspects are Phasakorn Surachaipanya, a 54 year old director of a public hospital in Loei; Pichai Sertsri, a 34 year old municipal worker; and Santi Srikammee, a 34 year old air conditioning repairman.

These men were wanted on an arrest warrant issued by the Criminal Court, with charges of buying sex from girls aged under 18 years old and encouraging them into lewd activities. Pol. Maj. Gen. Sarut Khwaengsopha, the commander of the ATPD, has confirmed the offences and the arrests made.

The arrests follow the detainment of a married couple for procuring underage girls into prostitution within the northeastern province earlier this year. The couple, known only as Sakchai and his wife Manthana, reportedly charged their customers between 2,000 and 10,000 baht per sex service, while the exploited children received only 1,000 baht each in return.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/public-hospital-director-caught-in-underage-sex-scandal

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

buying sex from girls aged under 18 years old and encouraging them into lewd activities.

mama san was unavailable for comment...nor was grandpa back home who needs his lao kao

i had a 63 yr old brit who lived in my building..he was trying to get with a 20ish gal that spoke zero english

the deal for her was a bottle of whiskey and a motorbike for her grandpa.......he also lived with a 30 yr old burmese gal......they would fight constantly

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The arrests follow the detainment of a married couple for procuring underage girls into prostitution within the northeastern province earlier this year

thainess 101.....seems to me all about the brown envelope.....id love to read the follow up on all these stories and what the consequences were in thai culture

11 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Dont you think there is a reason that all these paedos bastads move to SEA countries to exploit young girls? 

And that reason is so many parents in SEA see nothing wrong in selling their daughters for sex. At a different level, many of the girls in the farang night-life venues are 'strongly encouraged' to entertain and send money home. I have no idea what happens in the Thai entertainment venues, but I doubt they are all squeaky clean.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1