ATM Card Expiry What Happens if you don't Renew it?

17 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Kasikorn virtual debit card and it was for free. Is it still like this?

No issue fee, and no fee the first year. After that, 150 baht/year.

As I just wrote above, I do wonder if one can just cancel after 11 months and then create a new card, should work with their current pricing scheme.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lkn said:

The 300 baht probably includes first year issue fee.

Though for your card, the cheapest card I see for Krungsri is ~127 baht/year (380 baht every 3rd year) plus issue fee: https://www.krungsri.com/en/personal/card/krungsri-debit-card/all-atms

Personally though, I’ve switched to virtual cards, it’s cheaper, but also more convenient, as I don’t need to go to a branch, when they expire. Though I see Kasikorn will start to charge 150 baht/year after first year.

I do wonder if I can just cancel the card, and then create a new one, to get another year’s worth of free usage…

Nah 5 years>I did check both my cards before posting, but i can't remember how much. my old card finished Dec 2022 new card finishes Dec 2027. In that link IF CARD IS VALID MORE THAN 3 YEARS.

Edited by brianthainess

22 hours ago, bmanly said:

This is why I want to let it go. About 10 years ago I had 2 fraudulent charges against my card. I picked it up early enough and got most of it refunded but I don't want to risk it anymore. 

Last November Krungsri picked up on a fraudulent overseas charge to my account and automatically blocked the payment themselves and froze my account until I contacted them to unblock it.  There's a big difference between banking ten years ago and today.

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

In that link IF CARD IS VALID MORE THAN 3 YEARS

[…] bank reserve right to charge full card fee of THB 380 for another 3 years card usage.

So it is 380 baht every 3rd year (as long as the card is valid), and 100 baht issue fee.

Presumably you are on an older scheme, though on their pricing page they do actually show some cards that are no longer issued (one with no fee), but not any with payment only every 5th year.

How much do you pay every 5th year?

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not your bank, but my debit cards 'yellow bank' and BKB is only every 5 years Jeez I won't be using Kasikorn, and i was just thinking of re-opening an account there.

I have Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn ATM cards for many years. Both charge 300 baht a year every year regardless if the card gets renewed or not. Are you sure about the no charge every year on your card?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, KannikaP said:

You can do cardless ATM withdrawals via your phone app.

Can you or anyone else explain how this is done. I am not in Thailand right now so I can't try it. So I go into KBank app I tap the withdraw button and you can pick the amount. It is showing via ATM. From this point what happens next? I don't want to try it while I am not there......so I am standing at the ATM what happens from there on?

5 hours ago, bmanly said:

So I go into KBank app I tap the withdraw button and you can pick the amount. It is showing via ATM. From this point what happens next?

On the ATM screen there is a button to select “Cardless withdrawal” after which you are asked to select channel and then to scan the QR code (using K+), coincidentally I have photos of the two screens:

image.thumb.jpeg.a6eb6bd9e08f0d240378676f33955c86.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72eccd56d417a19929ac818f35be7f0b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2023 at 6:03 PM, kidneyw said:

I am sure you would need to tell them you do not want to continue using it, otherwise they will automatically deduct the 300 baht annual fee.

Not.

I have let both my SCB and BBL atm cards expire and no yearly fees have been deducted from my accounts since then and NO I did not tell them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:
On 4/22/2023 at 6:03 PM, kidneyw said:

I am sure you would need to tell them you do not want to continue using it, otherwise they will automatically deduct the 300 baht annual fee.

Not.

I have let both my SCB and BBL atm cards expire and no yearly fees have been deducted from my accounts since then and NO I did not tell them. 

I did the same with my Kasikorn and Krung Thai ATM cards and no fees were deducted from my accounts.

I didn't inform the banks either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lkn said:

On the ATM screen there is a button to select “Cardless withdrawal” after which you are asked to select channel and then to scan the QR code (using K+), coincidentally I have photos of the two screens:

image.thumb.jpeg.a6eb6bd9e08f0d240378676f33955c86.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72eccd56d417a19929ac818f35be7f0b.jpeg

In the second photo I scan that QR Code on the KPlus app, there is no pin numbers to enter on the ATM? Sorry, I have only ever withdrawn cash via an ATM card so that's why I ask.

Edited by bmanly

12 hours ago, bmanly said:

In the second photo I scan that QR Code on the KPlus app, there is no pin numbers to enter on the ATM? Sorry, I have only ever withdrawn cash via an ATM card so that's why I ask.

You just scan the QR code and then press Confirm, as it says on the screen. That's it. No pin to enter on the ATM. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to revisit this thread, re: letting my Kasikorn ATM card lapse. I let my ATM card lapse and there were no further yearly 300 baht fees deducted and I did not notify them of anything. I do get charged 20 baht a Month for SMS alerts but it is not necessary as you get push notifications on the app.

About ATM QR code cash withdrawals. This is the best and most simplest way to make withdrawals of cash. So I walk up to my ATM, I have the app open and the cash amount ready to go, I press cardless cash withdrawals on the ATM then KPLUS and a QR code pops up, I scan it on the app, touch correct on the ATM and out comes the cash. It never failed and only took 15 seconds to do. Did is several times during my stay, very fast and the way to go. Thanks for all the advice people.????

• Thanks 1