Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

george

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the autistic son of the owner of the Landmark Hotel. Just hope 'autistic' will not be the new excuse du jour for the 'rebels without a cause'. :o
This was posted in a closed thread about this, does anyone here know if this is true? If so, then voting with wallets by not using the Landmark and the associated outlets springs to mind.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

He's the autistic son of the owner of the Landmark Hotel. Just hope 'autistic' will not be the new excuse du jour for the 'rebels without a cause'. :o
This was posted in a closed thread about this, does anyone here know if this is true? If so, then voting with wallets by not using the Landmark and the associated outlets springs to mind.

Regards

I very much doubt that he is "Autistic", but if he is, then it would make things a little clearer to know exactly where he sits on the Autistic Spectrum. I just find it highly unlikely that someone with "Autism" would be driving a car around with a licence and insurance without appropraite risk assesment. My own feeling is, that a diagnosis has probably been bought after the incident.

He's the autistic son of the owner of the Landmark Hotel. Just hope 'autistic' will not be the new excuse du jour for the 'rebels without a cause'. :D

Regards

I very much doubt that he is "Autistic", but if he is, then it would make things a little clearer to know exactly where he sits on the Autistic Spectrum. I just find it highly unlikely that someone with "Autism" would be driving a car around with a licence and insurance without appropraite risk assesment. My own feeling is, that a diagnosis has probably been bought after the incident.

Yup, I never for one second bought that bad acting scene with him on a stretcher crying and clasping his hands as if he'd been shot or badly beaten. Hi-so scum raised by hi-so scum parents. :D

KARMA! Coming soon! :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

He's the autistic son of the owner of the Landmark Hotel. Just hope 'autistic' will not be the new excuse du jour for the 'rebels without a cause'. :D

Regards

Yup, I never for one second bought that bad acting scene with him on a stretcher crying and clasping his hands as if he'd been shot or badly beaten. Hi-so scum raised by hi-so scum parents. :D

KARMA! Coming soon! :o

I love reading Mr Clifton's comments. Very brief and absolutely to the point.

"Hi-so scum raised by hi-so scum parents." Here Here!!

They should all be spending the next 2 years in the Bangkok Hilton not the Landmark. Sell the Benz and donate the proceeds to the victim's family.

Regards

Thais misuse the word autism. To them it means any mental disorder from slow learner or retarded to Down's syndrome.

Edited by B Fuddled

Regards

Thais misuse the word autism. To them it means any mental disorder from slow learner or retarded to Down's syndrome.

I often misuse the word caveman, mostly when referring to annoying Thai drivers.

There is a significant difference, that I'm sure even a layperson could see between the two. In fact Autism is relatively modern diagnoisis in comparison to Downs Syndrome, and obviously there's a pretty clear appearance difference between a person with DS and other disorders.

Funny, because it's "commonly known" around here as well that he's at home. No one's going to travel all the way to Kampuchea to pay respects to him on Chinese New Year, Thai New Year, etc.

:o

Edited by Heng

Who's Walt? One of your imaginary ex-SAS buddies?

Seriously though, KP can't leave Cholburi for extended periods simply because it isn't safe for him. There's no need to run from law enforcement, mostly because 'the law' isn't even actively looking for him.

Edited by Heng

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that means there is still a slim chance some sort of justice may be rendered (although I have less hope for that justice ever being enforced).

Frankly, I was surprised he was charged at all. I was sure the police would simply have decided he was not mentally in control of himself at the time due to "[insert convenient mental illness excuse here]".

Someone please post a clear photo of him, so I can keep my eye out in case he makes an appearance at Paragon or Central World etc while I am there. I am more than happy to call out and give him some crap. I hope others do the same to him in public so he gets the message that people don't like him.

Well, that means there is still a slim chance some sort of justice may be rendered (although I have less hope for that justice ever being enforced).

Frankly, I was surprised he was charged at all. I was sure the police would simply have decided he was not mentally in control of himself at the time due to "[insert convenient mental illness excuse here]".

Someone please post a clear photo of him, so I can keep my eye out in case he makes an appearance at Paragon or Central World etc while I am there. I am more than happy to call out and give him some crap. I hope others do the same to him in public so he gets the message that people don't like him.

Yes. Let's have a good photo so we can all revile the vile moron in public. But - a word of caution - grab his car keys before you do........!!

There was an article in the Bangkok Post about this case today, just as I read the first line, we were called into the doctor's office. I forgot the paper afterwards and left...

Page 2 or 3, small article.

Prosecuters have postponed the decision as to whether or not to send him to trial for murder.

Decision will now be made on Jan 31st. :o

His father said in an interview that he does'nt care about the women who died becuase he is rich, and the victim was poor.

But,,,

Finally when he had this interview, the public was angry at this, and he had to apologise...again.

Terrible father, no wonder the son is an idiot.

Condolences to the victims family and friends.

• 5 weeks later...
There was an article in the Bangkok Post about this case today, just as I read the first line, we were called into the doctor's office. I forgot the paper afterwards and left...

Page 2 or 3, small article.

Prosecuters have postponed the decision as to whether or not to send him to trial for murder.

Decision will now be made on Jan 31st. :o

It's Feb 08 2008.

Could find any news at all.

I wonder if anyone has an update on the issue.

Postponed again, wiped under the carpet, paid off ?????

Guess we all want to see that prick behind bars.

Well, well. This piece of shit has evaded the law and it's all forgotten about now. I'm still monitoring the scummy cuntbag, though

Yes, regretably, I believe you will be proven correct. The whole incident will be forgotten. Everybody knows it . That's how it works here (and unfortuneately, to a far less extent in some western societies too). The more money you have, the better connected you are, and/or if you are a cop, you know you will get away with murder, quite litterally.

I really feel for the families and loved ones in all these incidents. They must feel powerless/helpless. The police/justice system/the community at large couldn't give a fuc_k for them. Why? many reasons I'm sure. But, generally ( oh yes, if you can talk in generalities, Thailand is definitely one place where you can and be reasonably accurate) a lack of education, too many with low moral values, a self-centred majority and fairly corrupt society with practically no regard for the law or law enforcement (I mean why would they, just look at their role models, you know the pillars of Thai society politicians, police and the like). I mean is anybody really surprised with this whole sorry event and the lay-down-misere outcome.

Perplexingly to me however, is that almost all the families in these cases seem to accept too readily being paid off to just go away. It begs the question, What price a life? even of their loved ones. I may seem a bit hard on the relatives, but I find it hard to understand no matter what the rationale.

Long story short, someone could always pay this scumbag and his scumbag father (both of whom I am sure are respected in Thai society, but that's another story) a visit.

You all say he is going to get away with it using medical reasons etc.. and how it can only happen in Thailand etc... But the fact of the matter is that even in the U.K and U.S cold blooded killers get off using the same reasons all the time. Many many killers have never even stood trial as they were deemed "unfit". Its quite amusing as usual to watch the knee jerk reactions bashing anything and anyone in sight. Im not saying what he did wasn’t terrible, as it was, but please why don’t you put some brain power into action when you make a reply instead of condemning everyone to death.

Jake

Yes money talk.

barky,

Somebody could pay them a visit, but I guarantee a family as wealthy as this will have more guards than you could shake a stick at and a quick phone call would bring half the police officers from the nearest station immediately.

Actually SOP would be for them to call the police AFTER you were found shot dead trying to break into their house (with one of their kitchen knives in hand... nevermind that you were still in the front yard). Self defense.