Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

george

Who is guilty here - the girl who trades her dead mothers' memory for money, or people who pay for it? So far in this thread only the rich got the blame.

They are both guilty, not equally, but guilty nevertheless.

They might have settle the matter in the short term for one family, but this kind of settlement does not deter crime in any way, and that's the main reason for enforcing the laws in the first place, it's not just about dispersing the punishments.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is guilty here - the girl who trades her dead mothers' memory for money, or people who pay for it? So far in this thread only the rich got the blame.

They might have settle the matter in the short term for one family, but this kind of settlement does not deter crime in any way, and that's the main reason for enforcing the laws in the first place, it's not just about dispersing the punishments.

Plus - are you the guy that sent the letter to the Post complaining that they didn't call Margaret Thatcher 'Baronness"?

Have you absolutely no sense of udnerstanding of what it must be like for the daughter of this working class woman who was run down by this little sh+t and who everyone knows will see no justice in the courts? Have you no sense that (as someone mentioned above - yet you continue on...) that money is the only justice these people can hope to get? What do you think happens in the US? Yes - there's a court case and the perp usually gets 'just' desserts..but then comes the law suit and that when everyone really nods their head. OJ got his - sort of..Michael Jackson is getting his .. sort of. Even Conrad Black - he's getting both - good.

So what's different here? How about no insurance, no way to get legal standing in the criminal case, big medical bills to pay, an offender who clearly is in the wrong and doesn't even have to pay the costs of lost wages, medical bills, etc?

i think you are being hard on these people. don't relatives of victims of murder (definitely terrorrism) get compensation from the uk government? the us worked out huge compensations for relatives of the 9/11 bombings.

the difference here is that the victims relatives have to negotiate themselves, there is no fund for them to draw on. you might find it distasteful, but it doesn't mean the grief and the hope for justice is very real.

i have not seen anything in the article that indicates that the relatives are willing to drop or reduce the charges in exchange for compensation. this is proabably the reason compensation has been stopped.

there is no evidence that the relatives are behaving in the way you allude.

"To be honest, I'd like a better show of spirit from them," said Suchira Insuwan, 26, whose mother was killed in the incident. "Initially they were very kind. They acted so kindly that I believed they would take responsibility. But now they have ended contact, not even making a phone call..."

She thought they were very kind????

Maybe she said some other things as well but there were not reported.

Justice is not reaching a settlement with murderers, and some cases in the West are not allowed to be settled out of court.

Courts can also order the family of accused to pay compensation, but the girl doesn't mention the courts at all.

I understand she might not feel confident enough to push the matter through the courts but there are other Thais who won't even hear about accepting money in exchange for staying quiet, and this girl would have found a lot of help and support if she stood her ground.

I'm afraid she just decided to accept gracious offer of a former beauty queen, a very kind lady, and now she feels cheated.

The rich are able to get away with murder precisel because the poor allow, and even encourage them. It takes two to reach a settlement. We may call it disgraceful, but that's what both parties want.

Whatever the relatives of anyone hurt or killed by this person decide regarding justice and compensation is fine by me. It's not their fault they are in the situation they are in, it's the fault of the driver of the car. If they decided to accept a payout rather than persue the matter through the courts it would be understandable. Expect real justice in a matter involving a wealthy family in Thailand? Not always going to happen, is it?

If they decided to accept a payout rather than persue the matter through the courts it would be understandable.

It doesn't make it right, though, does it?

It only perpetuates the notion that killing poor people is ok if you can pay them off. Any other lessons learned?

If they decided to accept a payout rather than persue the matter through the courts it would be understandable.

It doesn't make it right, though, does it?

It only perpetuates the notion that killing poor people is ok if you can pay them off. Any other lessons learned?

Justice is not reaching a settlement with murderers, and some cases in the West are not allowed to be settled out of court.
I understand she might not feel confident enough to push the matter through the courts but there are other Thais who won't even hear about accepting money in exchange for staying quiet, and this girl would have found a lot of help and support if she stood her ground.
The rich are able to get away with murder precisel because the poor allow, and even encourage them. It takes two to reach a settlement. We may call it disgraceful, but that's what both parties want.

where has it been said that the girl or any of the victims or their relatives have asked for compensation in exchange for dropping/reducing the charges?

have i missed something?

in general i agree with jeffer. these guys have to deal with the reality of their situations, not us. compensation might in fact to the right way to go for a family, like it or not.

A system that will leaves the monetary penality for a loss of life, limbs, earnings,etc to be handled by the individuals and families involved will be hard pressed to be precieved as fair by those outside of these groups. Where is the insurance company on the vehicle during all of this. Medical and death benifits are normally spelled out in specific language and should have been settled rather quickly or in some cases after treatment is completed. You would think that with all the multi million and billion baht lawsuits filed in Thailand over the past few years the legal wolves would be lined up wanting to represent the families involved. Then again, I guess the citizens of this great country get the same type of justice through this part of the legal system as is accepted through out their democratic system.

With Mom:

Image98989898--333.jpg

With Dad:

Image576579997764.jpg

Former Miss Thailand's Son Hears Court's Charges

The Phra Kanong Court called a former Miss Thailand's son to hear charges of premeditated-murder due to his aggressive driving which killed one and injured three others.

Today the Phrakanong Court called Kanpitak Pachimsawas or Muham, son of former Miss Thailand Savinee Pachimsawas, to participate in a court hearing session on his premeditated-murder case, resulting from aggressive driving.

The 20-year-old is charged with premeditated-murder and assault.

Kanpitak swerved his car into the footpath near a bus-stop where many people were waiting for buses after he got into an argument with the driver of bus number 513, claiming that the bus hit him and fled. One died and three others were injured.

What was surprising was that his mother had earlier told the court her son no longer drives, but he was involved in another accident with a bus just last week. :D :D

His parents indicated he has a mental condition and he cannot control himself when he is under a lot of stress. :o

- Thailand Outlook (today)

.. where has it been said that the girl or any of the victims or their relatives have asked for compensation in exchange for dropping/reducing the charges?

have i missed something?

Are you denying that the money has been promised? I'm pretty sure the victim's daughter didn't initiate it, but she accepted the offer anyway. And it's not the first case, accepting money always means leniency from the courts.

His "fit" during the Mercedes crash...

pic1.jpg

and now...

Moo Ham experiences fit during trial

Pra Kanong Court called an initial court date to open the case for Kunpitak Bujchimsawas, or more famously known as Moo Ham, who is being tried for manslaughter and attempted murder from an episode in which he drove his Mercedes Benz into pedestrians at a bus stop.

Representatives and relatives of the deceased victims and those injured joined the case alongside the Bankok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) against Kunpitak. The group submitted a request to the court for the defendant to pay reparations and damages to all involved and also serve under felony charges of assault and manslaughter.

Reports stated that the defendant fell into an epileptic fit during the court proceedings that took place behind closed doors, causing the hearing to have to be stalled until he regained his composure.

Kunpitak had cited his condition as the cause for the incident.

- ThaiNews (today)

There's so many things wrong with this case it's difficult to know where to start. It sums up everything that is wrong with Thai society.

If I had murdered a person in such a manner my Father would have no hesitation in first administering to me a severe beating then turning me over to the Police. Fortunately I was raised to know right from wrong at an early age and I was raised in a society that doesn't protect the rich and privileged to the extent Thailand does.

The parents of this creature are equally responsible and the way they are protecting him is nothing short of loathsome.

Reptiles.

Agree with you, Emperor, 1,000%, and with your later posting, though of course deeply disturbed to consider the future of innocent road users if this moron is allowed to roam freely, especially behind a wheel again.

May I suggest to all (and there are obviously very many) genuinely concerned foreigners monitoring this topic: we can do nothing but agonise over this tragedy and weep into our beer here on tv UNLESS we know MORE about this obscene, obnoxious family!!

Where is our (former) investigative poster? ARE these hi-so lo-lifes the owners of the Landmark Hotel? IF so (or if they have some other business) let's do our utmost to hit them in the only place they understand - the POCKET!!

No Thai law against picketing the poxes with the pockets, huh?

Pure and undiluted hypocrisy! :o

American(US)BTW?

Epilepsy, huh? I guess all that is needed is for a doctor to confirm that he has epilepsy. If it can be proven that he has epilepsy and that's what caused the 'accident', then it's not his fault and he should go free, right?

By the way, can anyone here who is familiar with epilepsy let me know what type of seizure causes you to get in arguments, chase buses, hit people with rocks and run over them with cars?

972-01.jpg

Kanphitak Patchimsawat arrives at the Phra Khanong District Court yesterday

Bus-stop attacker gets ill in court

Kanpithak Patchimsawat, who gained notoriety for deliberately driving his car into a queue of bus passengers last July, reportedly suffered a stress-induced seizure during a court hearing yesterday.

At 9.30am, as the hearing was about to begin, Kanpithak appeared under severe stress and was unable to answer the judge.

The 20-year-old son of Kananek Patchimsawat and Sawinee Pakaranang, a former Thai beauty queen, denies murder and attempted murder charges,but admits to the charge of physical assault.

One woman was killed and a number of others were injured in the incident.

Public prosecutors said there were 19 witnesses to give testimony in court, while the defendant had only two witnesses. The court set the first testimony hearing for November 18.

- Daily Xpress (today)

I'll give this little prick a seizure...seize his fuc_king balls and twist. What scum he and his parents are. Fortunately I think all these theatrics are causing his family to lose total face with other Thais. Great. I hope they can't show their faces in public for the next 20 years.

Edited by farang prince

Typical, arrogant, untouchable, rich Thai kid. DO YOU KNOW WHO MY DAD IS?

Did you read the article??... the cop pulled over the bus and the kid then smashes the bus drivers face in with a brick... then ...hops back into his car and drives it into a crowd...I guess the cop was too intimidated to do anything?

Pure and undiluted hypocrisy! :o

American(US)BTW?

Do you mean you support girl's efforts to recieve generous compensation in exchange for leniency?

First testimony to be heard on November 18. That's an incredibly long delay. What's the saying, "Justice delayed is justice denied" or something like that. His legal team and connections have already successfully stretched out proceedings and ensured he remains free on bail. This could go on in this way for a very long time.

ROAD RAGE CASE

'Mu Ham' freezes up in court

The first day in the trial of Kanpithak Pachimsawat was briefly adjourned after the defendant failed to answer questions at the provincial court at Phra Khanong yesterday. Kanpithak, better known by his nickname Mu Ham, appeared tense and nervous and did not respond to the judge's questions. The court adjourned for a while to give him time to relax. When the hearing resumed, Kanpithak denied charges of premeditated murder and attempted murder. However, he pleaded guilty to assaulting another person. The charges arise from an incident last July when he drove his car into a crowd of bus passengers in Bangkok. Manoch Tojuang, Sangwal Seehawong and Suchira Inthasuwan yesterday applied to the court to be co-plaintiffs in the case. The court agreed. The three are relatives of those injured and killed in the incident.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/25Mar2008_news002.php

"Not responding to questions" and "appearing tense and nervous" does not constitute an epileptic fit as reported by some newspapers. What an appalling circus.

What happened to the "pointing room" which was last month's revelation in which defendants plead without legal representation? Guess it doesn't apply in his case.

Yo' mama

Maybe you should stay with yo' mama

She could do your laundry 'n' cook for you

You're really kinda stupid 'n' ugly too

(verse repeats)

You ain't really made for bein' out in the street

Ain't much hope for a fool like you

'Cause if you play the game, you will get beat

She could do your laundry 'n' cook for you

You're really kinda stupid 'n ugly too

And

You should never smoke in pajamas

You might start a fire 'n' burn yer face

Maybe you'll return to Managua

You could go unnoticed in such a place

-Frank Zappa

I wish to Christ I could get my hands on him. He'd be a fuc_kin' mess.

When I first came to Thailand, I heard that you could get a hit-man for a very reasonable amount.

Maybe some of us on this board might be willing to ante up a few baht to put this piece of excrement out of his misery and allow his irresponsible parents to resume their normal life of pissing on the poor.

Just some idle thoughts. :o

I wish to Christ I could get my hands on him. He'd be a fuc_kin' mess.

When I first came to Thailand, I heard that you could get a hit-man for a very reasonable amount.

Maybe some of us on this board might be willing to ante up a few baht to put this piece of excrement out of his misery and allow his irresponsible parents to resume their normal life of pissing on the poor.

Just some idle thoughts. :o

Would that make us better than them?

^

No. But at least justice would be meted out. However, I appreciate your sentiment.

As much as I hate to say this, it is possible that the man may well have a mental illness and then the responsibilty should be on those who allowed him to drive. To despise or seek revenge of someone who is mentally unwell is as fair as hating a baby for crying. The family in this case appear to have failed their son on so many counts. It is they who should possibly be in the dock.

Lets be honest here, even with the knowledge that daddy will get you off the hook, it still takes one pretty disturbed bunny to deliberately harm others. What never ceases to make me wonder is how his parents, who appear to be intelectually bankrupt can be so stinking rich? If I were buddhist I might wonder if the neglect of their fellow human beings is currently returning in the form of a son that they simply cannot ignore.

Not one to try and stem the tide of moral indignation here, but I think MooHam should be given his own "Jackass" style tv show. Viewers can follow his insane driving stunts and laugh at his utter disdain for other people's safety and dignity. It would be a great showcase world-wide for real Thai Culture, too. :o

Not one to try and stem the tide of moral indignation here, but I think MooHam should be given his own "Jackass" style tv show. Viewers can follow his insane driving stunts and laugh at his utter disdain for other people's safety and dignity. It would be a great showcase world-wide for real Thai Culture, too. :D

The UK's Jeremy Clarkson must be quaking in his boots ... not ! :o