Digital meter for my solar PV

Boyn

I have a problem , the management of our housing estate have insisted i have a digital electrical meter as i have solar PV.

Our bills are horrendous and i have discovered that the meter is reading any solar electric i dont use and export.

I have spoken to the management and basically they say not their problem and will not do anything (the meter is theirs not PEA)

Is there anything i can do ? will a lawyer be able to help or will it cost too much?

I did say i would not pay the bill but they said they will cut me off, such nice people so glad i bought this house.

I am the only person on the estate who has got a digital meter although lots of houses have PV

I am a sparks with solar experience .

Yup, it's time to at least disable export on your solar then go hybrid with an Energy Storage System (ESS).

Have you tried offering to sell your exported energy to the estate? This of course assumes they know how to configure / read the meter correctly.

12 hours ago, Boyn said:

the management of our housing estate have insisted i have a digital electrical meter as i have solar PV.

12 hours ago, Boyn said:

I am the only person on the estate who has got a digital meter although lots of houses have PV

Sounds like you upset someone in management at some time...... ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Doesn't sound right....any link to the meter and how it's wired?

Yeah, it's been reported before and not just in Thailand, poorly configured electronic meters counting up on export.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup, it's time to at least disable export on your solar then go hybrid with an Energy Storage System (ESS).

Have you tried offering to sell your exported energy to the estate? This of course assumes they know how to configure / read the meter correctly.

No chance of that they do not believe it is happening, they basically told me to sod off, i want to sell the house so do not want to spend more money on it.

• Like 1