Best Place to apply for e-visa in USA

The title pretty much says it.  I need to get three tourist visas for a flight leaving June 3.  I see I have the option of sending the request to the D.C. Embassy or several consulate.  Is there one that has a better track record than others for speed and leniency on the paperwork requirements?

By the way, I first logged on to the evisa site in March and it said that I didn't need one because I was asking for 42 days.  My wife asked me to double check yesterday, and that's when I found out it was a temporary program that ended March 31. ????

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you have to send it to ONE exact office. Your home state address would dictate this. For example all New England states go through the NYC consulate on the drop down on e visa application. You don't want to pick the wrong one. 

In case you are not able to get the 60-day Tourist eVisa in time for your departure, there is no need for stress. 

You can simply enter Thailand VisaExempt (without a Visa) and will be provided by Thai border-immigration with a 30-day Permission to stay stamp in your passport. 

Be aware that when your return-flight is after that 30-day Permit to stay, that the airline will ask for an onward-flight reservation for a flight out of Thailand on a date prior to the 30-day Permit to stay expiry.  You can buy such an onward-flight reservation on-line for as little as 12 to 15 US $, it is a fully legit reservation but it will automatically  be cancelled by the company providing that service before departure date.

When wanting to stay longer than the 30-day Permit to stay you received on entry, you can visit ANY immigration office in Thailand to receive an on-the-spot provided 30-day extension of stay.  That service costs 1.900,- THB and you would need - besides your passport - also a copy of the TM-30 notification that the Hotel/Guesthouse where you are staying is required to make to meet Thai regulations. 

Cheers and success!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...