Alternatives to ManMan for Thai-English Keyboard

connda

I'm currently using the ManMan application for a virtual keyboard in Android.
One of the downsides of ManMan is that once it comes up, it is difficult to get it to close.  Which imho is aproblem as it takes up about half the screen and then I can't see the application I'm trying to type into.

From what I read, on a standard Android keyboard, the keyboard can be closed with either a downward swipe motion from the top of the keyboard to the bottom - which doesn't close the ManMan keyboard - or to press the Menu Button on the phone - which in my case closes the keyboard but opens the Google interface, which I personally despise. 

So I'm looking for a Thai-English Android keyboard that is a little more UI friendly and that can easily be closed so I can see the entire screen when not typing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.siamdev.nattster.manman

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Maybe it's just my Samsung device. But on the bottom right side I have a down arrow and when I press that it closes any keyboard I have installed.

I check my ManMan keyboard and no such option exists.  I really should.  The phone I'm buying now is a Samsung but it will be interesting to see how it's configured out of the box.  Considering it from a Thai electronic and appliance shop, my guess it will be pre-configured with ManMan keyboard as it seems to be the keyboard a lot of Thais use.

It looks like Microsoft Swiftkey has that down-arrow button.  I'm looking at reviews and screen shot of other keyboards but that down-arrow to close the keyboard seems unique to Swiftkey. 

I'll have to give it a try.

Edited by connda

18 minutes ago, connda said:

I check my ManMan keyboard and no such option exists.  I really should.  The phone I'm buying now is a Samsung but it will be interesting to see how it's configured out of the box.  Considering it from a Thai electronic and appliance shop, my guess it will be pre-configured with ManMan keyboard as it seems to be the keyboard a lot of Thais use.

It looks like Microsoft Swiftkey has that down-arrow button.  I'm looking at reviews and screen shot of other keyboards but that down-arrow to close the keyboard seems unique to Swiftkey. 

I'll have to give it a try.

I have this Microsoft SwiftKey installed and use it all the time. It is a good keyboard. The down arrow on my device has nothing to do with it. And I checked my two other Samsung devices. They don't have this down arrow despite SwiftKey. But I can close the keyboard there with the back key. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1