Visa Quandary

I have a non imm O visa (My wife is thai) that I have set to renew every July.

My question is:  I'd like to go back to the states in the next couple of months for 3-4 months and am wondering if I could go and renew my status early before July.   Would I be able to do that sooner rather than waiting until the official renew date?  

Has anyone here ever done that>?

As you know it's up to 30 days early at most offices and 45 days early at some 

You could apply slightly earlier (say couple of weeks more) with a reason such as plane ticket etc.

It would be up to immigration office. 

Stating your immigration office always helps.

If it's Samut Prakan I doubt they will cut you slack. 

Wait just realized you looking for extension based on marriage.

You have an under consideration period.

Not possible. 

Suggest you don't bother with next extension.

Reenter Thailand visa exempt after trip to USA and obtain new non O marriage at immigration and subsequent extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Wait just realized you looking for extension based on marriage.

You have an under consideration period.

Not possible. 

Although you're correct inasmuch as this applies to the OP's circumstances, just to clarify, it is possible to leave Thailand during the 'under consideration' period but a re-entry permit is still needed. I managed it several years ago at Udon Thani immigration.

YMMV

TiT

16 hours ago, samuttodd said:

My question is:  I'd like to go back to the states in the next couple of months for 3-4 months and am wondering if I could go and renew my status early before July.

Why not just go back when you want and return when you want on a new visa. Not much difference between renewing an extension and getting one from a visa.

32 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Why not just go back when you want and return when you want on a new visa. Not much difference between renewing an extension and getting one from a visa.

Well,  because last time I had to report to the Portland Or consulate to get started with the 1 yr visa, Now that office is closed,  and I'd have to go clear to LA from So Or  in order to get things started. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Well,  because last time I had to report to the Portland Or consulate to get started with the 1 yr visa, Now that office is closed,  and I'd have to go clear to LA from So Or  in order to get things started. 

I posted above to leave without extension and return visa exempt.

When return apply for non O marriage at immigration.

2000b.

That will give you a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days apply for 12 month extension. 1900b.

Not difficult. 

24 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

The USA is now on the E-visa platform, all done online. No need to send passport, visa will come by email, doesn't take very long

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

If you can use a computer at all then the getting the visa before returning to Thailand is the more straightforward arrangement. If you have difficulty then you have the visa exempt option.