Fatal Gunfight Occurs in Surat Thani Hotel Parking Lot

webfact

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Most people don’t take a gun to a wedding 

these knuckleheads take shotguns ....        who knows when someone at the wedding might need a few pellets in em'

Edited by steven100

8 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Ban guns. Simple. 

There is a fundamental aspect that you are missing here. Guns are banned here. Getting a license for one is difficult. Not like the insane free for all, in the US, where highs school kids can easily find them. Any anyone want to guess what percentage of firearms used in crimes here come from the toxic military? 

So, it becomes an issue of law enforcement, which is not Thailand's strong suit.

Edited by spidermike007

5 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Most people don’t take a gun to a wedding 

Well, most good people with good intentions, anyway. Which is the vast majority of the population here. 

I lived in Surat province for nearly a decade. The locals are known to be hot headed. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a fundamental aspect that you are missing here. Guns are banned here. Getting a license for one is difficult. Not like the insane free for all, in the US, where highs school kids can easily find them. Any anyone want to guess what percentage of firearms used in crimes here come from the toxic military? 

So, it becomes an issue of law enforcement, which is not Thailand's strong suit.

Guns are like cars,in the wrong hands they become lethal weapons.

Yet another reported news item today that can sum up Thai culture and typical character traits in one phrase, (as reported in another Asean Now article), 

'It appears they had psychiatric problems".

Yep, that's right. They all have!

When their red mist descends they respect nobody or nothing! Even my 10 year old psycho Thai stepdaughter says when she argues, "She argues until she wins".

Even if that means arguing for 16 hrs one Sunday, having numerous police incident numbers against her name, draws a knife, headbangs the floor or wall, ends up so stressed and angry she hyperventilates and now has a case social worker trying to figure her out from a 'British psychology' perspective!!

I've learned the old adage is very true re: Thais..

"You can take the girl out of Thailand, but you can't take Thailand outta the girl"!

19 hours ago, transam said:

Go to a wedding tooled up, what on earth could go wrong.........????

Yep. in Thailand, losing face has a big part, emotional level of children, esp men. and the there's tis, just in from the gun-killing headquarters of the world: ''Gunman kills five, including child, at Texas home''

Did he honestly think wearing all those useless Amulets would deflect the bullets.

I would think he wasn’t allowed those whilst his time in jail before now.

Two unwanted menaces out of the way

9 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

When their red mist descends they respect nobody or nothing! Even my 10 year old psycho Thai stepdaughter says when she argues, "She argues until she wins".

Even if that means arguing for 16 hrs one Sunday, having numerous police incident numbers against her name, draws a knife, headbangs the floor or wall, ends up so stressed and angry she hyperventilates and now has a case social worker trying to figure her out from a 'British psychology' perspective!!

I've learned the old adage is very true re: Thais..

"You can take the girl out of Thailand, but you can't take Thailand outta the girl"!

Taking  away her phone should teach her.

20 hours ago, cmjl said:

Guns are like cars,in the wrong hands they become lethal weapons.

Yes. You give an inbecile like these two guns, and they show their lack of judgment, maturity and humanity. Same applies to an old idiot like Andrew Lester, who seems to have shot Ralph Yarl, without asking any questions. 

This kid was not threatening. The old man was a sick racist pig. 

230417-Ralph-Yarl-ew-547p-f77dfa.jpg

K45HEPP25NBETPNDGIBPKJUFKI.jpg

16 hours ago, watchcat said:

Taking  away her phone should teach her.

So far during 2023, my 10 year old stepdaughter aka 'psycho Thai', has smashed 2 of her Mum's phones when she's having her psychotic outbursts.

She's living in the UK at present, note at present. Hoping to get curtailment on their family visas issued by Home Office at about the same time as they fly back to Thailand for 5 weeks in July's school holidays.

On 4/29/2023 at 3:43 PM, soalbundy said:

From the looks of them they were fine upstanding primitives, who carries a gun to wedding.?

They probably went out with a gun all the time, not just to this wedding. Scary when you think about it.