Mask wearing

Foxx

Visited last April and May , very few people were wearing them. Bars and restaurants did not require any ID / proof etc, I didn't use public transport so can't comment , however I'm pretty sure there were  no restrictions. 1 year later I bet even less people will be wearing them. Good luck, I'm following you in a few days, might wear a mask  at Swampy, after that it's back to normal air intake.

Edited by DaLa
Spelling

There are no mask wearing restrictions anywhere in the UK (most recent experience Dec - 4 months ago).

As Upnotover mentioned - there are a handful of older folk who may carry more concern wearing them. I took my father into the local hospital - no one was wearing any masks.

I did ask the Nurse, she said it was entirely up to us, she didn’t mind if we didn’t - As she was wearing her mask, we did.

I think it's reasonable to wear a mask when entering a hospital as there may be unwell people there - so the mask protects them and ourselves to some degree.

I’d also wear them on busy public transport (such as the London Underground), but its unlikely many others are.

Thus: In short - No, no mask wearing requirements in the UK.

IF an area has a strict policy - i.e. specific wards in hospitals etc, then they will have masks for you to wear. I can’t think of any other areas where they may be required. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are no mask wearing restrictions anywhere in the UK (most recent experience Dec - 4 months ago).

As Upnotover mentioned - there are a handful of older folk who may carry more concern wearing them. I took my father into the local hospital - no one was wearing any masks.

I did ask the Nurse, she said it was entirely up to us, she didn’t mind if we didn’t - As she was wearing her mask, we did.

I think it's reasonable to wear a mask when entering a hospital as there may be unwell people there - so the mask protects them and ourselves to some degree.

I’d also wear them on busy public transport (such as the London Underground), but its unlikely many others are.

Thus: In short - No, no mask wearing requirements in the UK.

IF an area has a strict policy - i.e. specific wards in hospitals etc, then they will have masks for you to wear. I can’t think of any other areas where they may be required. 

Varies from hospital to hospital. Our local hospital has a sign up asking for masks to be worn. There is,a box of masks next to the sign. 

Healthcare facilities still take Covid seriously. If someone has tested positive, back to wearing masks.

• Like 1