BMA offering bivalent Moderna COVID vaccines at CentralWorld and MBK malls

56 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For those mulling over whether they think another COVID vaccine shot might be needed or not... something to consider:

If I'm not mistaken, raod traffic accident related deaths surged by [insert "official" percentage here] in Thailand during Songkran celebrations.

I didn't go out for Songkran so handily dodged becoming a potential death statistic, be it on the road or by social interactions.

Covid is part of life now so the standard rules apply, including the choice to get re-jabbed or otherwise.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

--I don't drive during Song Kran.

--I don't go unvaccinated.

--I don't expose myself to being breathed on sans-mask by strangers.

I try to minimize my risks...all the way round.

Just wait 2 years and you might be at 10 shots, maybe you will be finally safe in this dangerous world again?

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, FarAway said:

Just wait 2 years and you might be at 10 shots, maybe you will be finally safe in this dangerous world again?

People get annual flu shot vaccines, which are especially important as people get older. And I don't think most people keep count how many flu vaccine shots they may have received.

It may well turn out that COVID will end up being the same kind of deal in terms of having an annually updated vaccine.

Guess that will depend on the yet to be known future of the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in Central World yesterday on floor 5.  Lots of people waiting at the vax facility there, seating area full and there were probably 100+ more standing waiting.  Combination of it being only the second day of operation, a Saturday and the fact that (unlike the last time at Central World) it's only operating Fri, Sat & Sun I guess.  The last booster I had was at CW and then it was very quiet as it was running every day.  Time before was at MBK, also a daily operation.  I'll use the MBK option this time I think even though the weekend only operation at CW may quiet down after the initial rush is over.  I wasn't planning to bother with another booster unless it was Bivalent but now that's available I'll take it, particularly given the predictable post-Songkran surge in infections.

• Haha 1