Central Festival immigration questions

Hal65

1. Should I go to this office for a visa stamp transfer to my new passport?

2. How do I access the office at 9am when the rest of the building is closed?

3. Do you recommend going at 9am or just before 5pm?

Thanks

Okay, after some research:

1. Should I go to this office for a visa stamp transfer to my new passport?

Yes

2. How do I access the office at 9am when the rest of the building is closed?

The guards know the secret entrance

3. Do you recommend going at 9am or just before 5pm?

Afternoon is slower, but a risk in case they say you need to do something and come back

• Thumbs Up 1

Last August their website showed " transfer of visa from old to new passport"

I went there a month ago and they said they don't do it.   I showed them the website info, and they said it was outdated.

Here is the latest website image.  You will notice that the icon on the image second from last has been left blank, where the previous image showed " transfer of visas to new passport".

Therefore I am uncertain of what the up to date situation is.

So, it is all somewhat confusing.   Perhaps better to phone beforehand to possibly save you a journey.

Screenshot_20230430_111211_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by Raindancer
Additional information.

19 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Last August their website showed " transfer of visa from old to new passport"

I went there a month ago and they said they don't do it.   I showed them the website info, and they said it was outdated.

Here is the latest website image.  You will notice that the icon on the image second from last has been left blank, where the previous image showed " transfer of visas to new passport".

Therefore I am uncertain of what the up to date situation is.

So, it is all somewhat confusing.   Perhaps better to phone beforehand to possibly save you a journey.

Screenshot_20230430_111211_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I called up ~ 2 months ago, and was told "That depends. What office gave you the stamps?", then said they only do it if they did the stamps on old passport.

7 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I called up ~ 2 months ago, and was told "That depends. What office gave you the stamps?", then said they only do it if they did the stamps on old passport.

Posy deleted by user.

Edited by Raindancer

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

stampS (plural)? Most of my visas are from Pattaya/Jomtien. But my last visa stamp was in Chiang Mai airport immigration. That is the one that matters right?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Jeepers. Did anyone do it at Cen Fest recently? CM stamps

29 minutes ago, bg53 said:

Jeepers. Did anyone do it at Cen Fest recently? CM stamps

Did mine at Airport Immigration a month ago, same as last time, cos Central said they dont do them there last month.

Might be different again next week.  Never sure when they are going to introduce new requirements or change the services they offer in Central.

And just to clarify:  my original visa was done in bkk on my old passport.  Subsequent extensions were all done in CM.  So, my old passport was given a visa in Bkk.  Then all new extensions done in CM.   And new passport 10 years ago was visa/extension transfer stamp was done in CM.

Edited by Raindancer
Spelling correction

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you mean your actual visa or your visa extensions ?

I mean stamp transfer. I was told in another thread the visa itself will not move to the new passport. Even the stamp they put in the new one, just references the other one.