Where can I get a free Covid Booster shot as stated in Bangkok Post today?

cliveshep

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

in the uk over 75s are getting further invites for  jabs and those with poor health 

The latest U.S. CDC vaccines policy for this year is allowing another (second) bivalent COVID booster for those age 65 and above.

CDC simplifies COVID-19 vaccine recommendations, allows older adults and immunocompromised adults to get second dose of the updated vaccine

April 19, 2023

CDC’s new recommendations allow an additional updated (bivalent) vaccine dose for adults ages 65 years and older and additional doses for people who are immunocompromised.

Monovalent (original) mRNA COVID-19 vaccines will no longer be recommended for use in the United States.

CDC recommends that everyone ages 6 years and older receive an updated (bivalent) mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of whether they previously completed their (monovalent) primary series."

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2023/s0419-covid-vaccines.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

COVID vaccines update from the government today in English listing two Bangkok locations! Good news it seems the Institute of Dermatology near Victory Monument is back in the COVID vaxes business:

"Officials have reiterated that locals and foreigners in Thailand can still receive free vaccinations against COVID-19 at several health centers and hospitals nationwide.

One such center is the Institute of Dermatology, which provides free vaccination services every weekday, Mondays through Fridays, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. AstraZeneca, older versions of the Pfizer jab, and new versions of Moderna vaccines are available, along with walk-in vaccination services.

At the Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health, parents can bring their children aged 6 months and older to receive Pfizer vaccinations.

(more)

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/pfbid0p6iAWJi1ZaHqLpw4n8i556DiS7iDJg3r8NZoQMTTwzB8rE6gMYEE82MEmiYeczVJl

1.jpg.d28be35af13db8413c9e866aeae67d8e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Got my booster shot - finally. Not the one I wanted but Anutin has as usual cocked it all up. Went walk in a week ago to a State Hospital in Ramintra just up from Fashion Island but got turned away - again! This time because it was the Coronation holiday 4th and 5th May and no vaccinations happening. Then of course followed by a weekend and a helpful Security man suggested we went in on Monday 8th early (they open at 9.00am.)

So on Monday we went in early, got directed to a balcony around the attrium 1st floor. The noise was indescribable - I've heard far quieter chicken farms. Full of people yakking their heads off, couldn't hear my wife on the phone even on loudspeaker mode. Crazy, how could sick people get peace? Anyway, got to the pretty young miss manning one of the reception desks for vaccines and gave her my vaccine record certificate and passport.

Here is where Anutin's incompetant hand came into play. They started giving Pfizer boosters on Monday 1st May, and gave them for only 3 days before stopping for a Coronation holiday. So on Monday the 8th at 9.00am in the morning only 3 days into their programe - no more Pfizer vaccine booster shots available, they were not given enough. Anutin says ALL vulnerable people, old people, children, should get their free booster shots at State Hospitals starting Monday 1st May and running for 2 weeks. You got to assume that with the experience of the past he'd have some idea of the number of doses. Nope!

So was about to leave in disgust but helpful girl said "we still have some Moderna available and you can have one of those if you like." So seeing which way the wind was blowing and after facing failure in several other places I accepted. There were only 4 or 5 people in the queue in front of me and in 5 minutes or so all done and waiting for my certificate which when it came helpfully listed every Pfizer shot and details and dates as well as this Moderna shot. Apart from the sheer bedlam going on around me and the Health Minister's predictable failure to provide a reasonable quantity of vaccine shots the hospital operation was a dream. In 10 minutes I was out the door and back in the car. Beat that!

Edited by cliveshep
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1