NYC woman who plowed into BLM protestors dodges jail time with plea deal

onthedarkside

image.png.3591d55df214bf97411509a74822baef.png

A Queens woman who plowed her car into Black Lives Matter protestors in Midtown was berated by demonstrators outside Manhattan court Monday after she cut a sweetheart plea deal with prosecutors, dodging jail time.

Kathleen Casillo, 53, faced seven years in prison if convicted in the December 2020 incident that left six people injured — but was instead sentenced to five hours of community service as part of the agreement with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.

Under the deal, Casillo pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor, but that will get knocked down to a mere disorderly conduct violation if she fulfills her sentence and stays out of trouble for six months, prosecutors and her lawyer said.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/nyc-woman-who-plowed-into-mlb-protestors-berated-outside-court-after-sweetheart-plea-deal/

image.png.e158ff9e50c7e58dac985c2b72dac93e.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Definitely understand her turning down every previous deal.   No jury would ever convict her.  DA knew it was loser, if it went to a jury trial.

I disagree with her behaviour, but do agree it looks like the DA knew they had a very weak case.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I disagree with her behaviour, but do agree it looks like the DA knew they had a very weak case.

They started surrounding her car, banging on it, and one guy jumping on the bonnet ... W T F.  With the way most BLM riots ended, I would have done the same thing.