Italian Man Has a Meltdown on His Balcony in Pattaya, Blames Marijuana

webfact

12 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

But it is common and normal for people to do that on alcohol, right?  Interesting how that's not being implicated here.  Maybe because it doesn't fit anyone's agenda?  Not sure

I tore off the front porch of a house with my bare hands in my misguided youth on alcohol. Of course, it WAS MD-2020, and that sh!t is anything but normal booze!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Without a toxicology report, it's impossible to say.  We do know that Cannabis was found in his room and that he is Italian, I blame him being Italian, they are generally known to have fiery tempers.

(before you shoot me down, I'm joking)

Absolutely true that we cannot definitively say without a report (which wouldn't be definitive either actually), but it strains credulity in my view to say it was weed that did this, based on what everyone should by now know are effects of smoking weed.  Very rarely pot can cause psychosis, but if it does, it's unlikely to involve throwing refrigerators.  These symptoms of being aggressive and uncooperative are *textbook* alcohol symptoms, so I'm going with the obvious theory based on my own experience.  Is it really hard to imagine a guy getting drunk and chucking a mini-fridge from his balcony?  Not for me.  But it is for pot.  

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

Absolutely true that we cannot definitively say without a report (which wouldn't be definitive either actually), but it strains credulity in my view to say it was weed that did this, based on what everyone should by now know are effects of smoking weed.  Very rarely pot can cause psychosis, but if it does, it's unlikely to involve throwing refrigerators.  These symptoms of being aggressive and uncooperative are *textbook* alcohol symptoms, so I'm going with the obvious theory based on my own experience.  Is it really hard to imagine a guy getting drunk and chucking a mini-fridge from his balcony?  Not for me.  But it is for pot.  

I only saw the problem cases with Cannabis, not the 99.9% of people who don't have problems with the police.

Violence is definitely a thing (usually domestic), drug driving is currently the major thing in front of the courts in the UK.  I'm not sure whether Thailand has even set a limit on THC blood content for driving yet and I'd be surprised if they've given the BiB drug wipe kits. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Violence is definitely a thing (usually domestic)

on weed?  This contradicts all my experience, and all the science I've seen on the topic.  What is the source of your information about the connection between THC and violence?  

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

drug driving is currently the major thing in front of the courts in the UK.  I'm not sure whether Thailand has even set a limit on THC blood content for driving yet

This is would be a good idea.  Of course since you can just bribe the police in Thailand there is no point in passing such a limit.  Right?  ???? 

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Alcohol causes violence so weed causing mental illness is ok, really?

Did I say wed was OK, not very good comeback from a magistrate!

But as you guys say in court,

'can you just answer the question please?

31 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Khaosod TH is reporting that the results of the drug tests on Mr. Antonio were positive for methamphetamine and he will be prosecuted for use of a Type 1 Narcotic.

There is a reason why Thais call it "yaba", the crazy medicine.

Two houses down there is a young yaba addict. His parents have fled the home.

From time to time he goes on a rampage, crying and throwing stuff.

Daily he revs his motorbike to the max and speeds up and down the road.

Note to myself: next time walking Soi Diana not only look forward for traffic but look up for flying objects.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

Well, who does'nt throw refrigerators out the door when high on weed? Almost got hit by 3 fridges just yesterday, damn pot smokers! 

He probably threw out the fridge because he ran out of munchies!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning,

If anyone believes that this guy went crazy on weed, Then your as dumb as a bag of rocks !! 

Or they have read the peer reviewed medical research papers (of which there are many) discussing the psychotic effects that modern weed blends/hybrids (much more potent than of old) have on those who are susceptible.

I sampled some last year, in  Colombia (first time in 40 years) and found myself in a 2 hour nightmare in which I experienced very severe delusions and anxieties.

It was fortunate for me that I had a trusted individual with me who, literally, held my hand for the 2 hours while I worked through it. 

The hotel also called their standby medical team in (who I thought were a murder squad)  to assist.

Collectively they all finally coaxed me back into my room (the death chamber in which they were going to kill and incinerate me) and gave me an ECG.  They were ******** themselves because they thought my poor old ticker was about to fail at any moment.

The episode commenced, within 10 minutes, as a consequence of me taking just one, "normal", deep draw of the "porro".

This all happened to somebody who spent about 4 years of youthful evenings, happily, solidly, bombed out on the sofa.

The massive surprise of my Colombia experience led me to do the research that showed me that things are very much NOT what they used to be.

It is you, my poor, doped, dumb, ignorant, blind, complacent, foolish friend, who gets the 2023 Intellectual Bag Of Rocks Award.

The tired old mantras celebrating the innocence of weed are exactly that......tired, old and obsolete.

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1

Lol, reminded me of the microwave oven thrown from the 10th floor of Center Condo into the carpark about 15 years ago - another quality condo in Pattaya.

Edited by iaminwa

Imagine the furore had there been a crate of empties of a certain brand of beer found in his apartment. Man goes nuts after drinking 12 bottles of Duff. Said the accused "Just couldn't get enough, guv', sorry. I got angry when I found the fridge empty".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Weed induced violence is well documented.

Yes, I know some of you will say you have been smoking it for years and never experienced it.  I have been driving for years and never had an accident. It doesn't mean accidents are impossible, just unlikely.

Temp.png

Well done.

Your post will doubtless survive the moderators blade.

My rage at the ignorance and dissimulation of those who will not acknowledge the dangers may have been the death of mine.

You have posted what constitutes the stoners very own "Inconvenient Truth".

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1