SAS to launch direct Copenhagen – Bangkok flights

snoop1130

I am surprised SAS hasn't been operating this route for almost 10 years as Thailand is a very popular destination for Scandinavians especially in winter season. Maybe there is some competition with Norwegian and Thai at least? Finnair had I believe even up to three daily flights from Helsinki in winter season before covid and started some time ago flying direct from Stockholm as well. Norwegian flies  at least from Oslo and Stockholm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rabang said:

Finnair had I believe even up to three daily flights from Helsinki

I chose this airline because of the dearth of other options.  It was the worst flight ever & the most expensive in 18 years of return family visits; no overhead luggage space; no free booze; indifferent staff; bossy ground staff on the return flight; oh and a two hour delay most of it sitting on the plane!

• Thanks 2

Flight SK973 will take off from Copenhagen at 11.30pm local time and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok (BKK) the next day at 5.05pm local time.

Does that count as an overnight flight ?

Arriving in BKK at 5 pm , must be the worst.

15 minutes ago, FlorC said:

I browsed through arrivals yesterday and it looks like less crowded than the 2 PM to 4 PM time frame where many heavy weights from Europe arrive.

But everyone has different preferences.

Some prefer 2:xx PM to 6:xx AM flights like Thai Airways offers (sunrise over Bangkok).

And I know people who go work at the office until 5 PM (bags under the desk) and rush to the airport for such a late flight.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FlorC said:

Flight SK973 will take off from Copenhagen at 11.30pm local time and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok (BKK) the next day at 5.05pm local time.

Does that count as an overnight flight ?

5pm is perfect. Time for dinner and go out. Early morning or late night is the worst.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1