Many turn up to receive bivalent vaccine booster doses provided by the BMA

snoop1130

5AD9B4BB-155D-4346-8B5A-C14E52E7021C.png

Many people have shown up since Songkran to get COVID-19 vaccine booster doses, provided by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt said today (Friday).

At some vaccination centres, he said that the number of people wanting to be vaccinated on some days exceeds the daily limit of 1,300.

The city administration is providing free Moderna bivalent booster doses to all Thais, but will charge medical service fees to foreigners at 380 baht per head.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/many-turn-up-to-receive-bivalent-vaccine-booster-doses-provided-by-the-bma/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The city administration is providing free Moderna bivalent booster doses to all Thais, but will charge medical service fees to foreigners at 380 baht per head

Two tier system again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In Hua Hin (Prachuap Khiri Khan) it has been offered free to all (Thai and Farang), received mine last week at the San Paolo Hospital. There was absolutely no queue and the process was completed in 25 minutes. Also I had the choice of the Pfizer or Moderna Bivalent. Only needed passport and if you bring your immunization card they will add the vaccination to your card.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Soondae said:

In Hua Hin (Prachuap Khiri Khan) it has been offered free to all (Thai and Farang), received mine last week at the San Paolo Hospital. There was absolutely no queue and the process was completed in 25 minutes. Also I had the choice of the Pfizer or Moderna Bivalent. Only needed passport and if you bring your immunization card they will add the vaccination to your card.

Please verify that this is the newer bivalent please.

I've had two Pfizer plus a booster about 8 months ago.

You post is wonderful since I live close and I've been wondering if the newer Vax is available. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Please verify that this is the newer bivalent please.

I've had two Pfizer plus a booster about 8 months ago.

You post is wonderful since I live close and I've been wondering if the newer Vax is available. Thanks.

YES it is the latest BIVALENT available the Pfizer or Moderna versions here is a photo I took at San Paolo: 

IMG_3919.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two tier system again.

I may have been just lucky, but I went to MBK in Bangkok and got the Moderna bivalent last week as per articles that I read, and they didn't charge me a thing.  Very quick, efficient.  I'm grateful that this was offered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two tier system again.

I don't like the two tiered (and triple tiered) systems in Thailand.  But, I'm not against charging foreigners for this one.  Most of us don't pay taxes and not Thai citizens.  COVID has been downgraded from being a pandemic by WHO.  Vaccines are optional now and fair enough government foot the bill for Thai citizens, but a relatively small fee of 380 Baht I think is okay.  During the lockdowns, and high deaths sure, it should have been free (it was) but time to wrap this up. Foreigners pay for influenza vaccines, and COVID death rates (with new strains being far less deadly, coupled with higher immunity) have dropped down to getting closer to flu viruses. 

Just my opinion.