How common is one night stand?

On 5/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Goodboybkk said:

One night stand is very common in some western countries.

Well, I'm an old fossil who came of age in the USA during the heyday of the sexual revolution/women's lib movement/pre-AIDS era, so I can certainly recall a time when the ONS was commonplace. When I was in my twenties, sport <deleted> was a socially accepted way of life and practiced with equal abandon by both the men and the women in my social circle. Times have obviously changed since then.

Thailand is an interesting cultural study insofar as mainstream society has never really undergone a comparable sexual revolution or women's movement; however the absence of Western "Christian guilt" around sexuality in general adds an interesting dynamic.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:27 AM, BritManToo said:

Agree 100%, the guys that say different have either never had a LTR with a woman, or are living in denial.

Although I have seen a few guys living in a sexless relationship where the woman pays a significant share of expenses.

Briffault's Law

The female of the species controls all access to sex, where she gains no benefit, he receives no sex.

I think that you have misunderstood that law….

The ‘benefit’ to the woman can be the sex itself….

On 5/10/2023 at 11:24 AM, BritManToo said:

I've never seen that in any country.

The guy always ends up paying the significant expenses (car/house/utils).

The gal usually spends her earnings on herself.

My Thai cycling pal (retired schoolteacher age 64) has a Thai gf age 56.

Dinner and companionship is all he is prepared to risk, she wants him to move in and pay for everything, but he says he's not paying a woman of that age for sex when he can have a 20+yo for much less.

You are still pushing this one ????

Again, personally I have not ever been in such a relationship. But I seen many others who fell into that trap. 
You are only looking at the issue from your perspective and others like it…a kind of confirmation bias. But I am sure that you are also aware of ‘local’ girls siphoning money from their sponsors in order to give it to their ‘brothers’/boyfriends etc

It’s not unusual for women to pay for men and it’s definitely not unusual for them to share costs. In fact, both of these situations are the norm for me. But once I left my teenage years, I stopped accepting the allowing of a woman paying for everything for me. 
I simply do not enter relationships wherein it is expected that I pay for everything. The one time that I tried to do that, it turned out that her parents were amongst the European elite. Her offer was for me to stay with her and to not ever have to work again…. 
I don’t allow money to make those choices for me, just as I don’t try to impress anyone by paying for everything. If she likes me, she can pay too. Normal.