Applying for first UK passport for daughter -- Any agents available ?

I am from the UK, my daughter (now aged 17) was born in Thailand and has a Thai id card.

When she was born, I went to the British consulate (as was) and obtained the relevant certificate recognising that she is my daughter.

To obtain her first passport, rather than travel to BKK could an agent resolve all this - an agent in Pattaya ??

Thanks for any advice / recommendations

KeyVisa are based in Pattaya and may be able to assist as they have with many members here for their UK passport. Expect around 10-12k for this.(includes passport fee).

(Information only NOT affiliated or recommended by me as I have never used them.)

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

KeyVisa are based in Pattaya and may be able to assist as they have with many members here for their UK passport. Expect around 10-12k for this.(includes passport fee).

(Information only NOT affiliated or recommended by me as I have never used them.)

Are they fully operational after the death of Darren? I've no reason to think they are not. I used them about 5 years ago to get a new UK passport and they did exactly what it says on the tin.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a first application for a UK passport. You might not be able to use an agent. The applicant may have to attend an interview prior to being given a passport.

You could contact VFS who work with UK passport office for renewals of passports. 

Here is a link regarding applying for a UK passport from overseas. Answer the questions and it will give you advice and further links for the application and  guidance of filling out the application.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

• Like 1

I have used Thai Visa Express in the past, based in Pattaya and would suggest contacting them  if you really don't want to go to Bangkok, the link posted above by CharlieKO takes you through all the steps

On 5/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, howerde said:

I have used Thai Visa Express in the past, based in Pattaya and would suggest contacting them  if you really don't want to go to Bangkok, the link posted above by CharlieKO takes you through all the steps

I used TVE to renew my UK passport recently, very efficient service for 10K all in.

I did ask about the 1st passport for a child but they do not offer this service.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:53 PM, CharlieH said:

Yes they are still operating, and I have been in contact them. Looks promising

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 2:54 PM, CharlieKo said:

As a first application for a UK passport. You might not be able to use an agent. The applicant may have to attend an interview prior to being given a passport.

You could contact VFS who work with UK passport office for renewals of passports. 

Here is a link regarding applying for a UK passport from overseas. Answer the questions and it will give you advice and further links for the application and  guidance of filling out the application.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

When I applied for my two daughters, it was not necessary for them to be present. Although I did it myself without an agent and was a few years ago.

• Like 1