Lawyer Required

billaaa777

On 5/11/2023 at 1:48 PM, lhtp12 said:

Good luck with that - You dont sue and win here like US or EU - a waste iof time and money. If you get a lawyer be preared that he will come back " oh a delay I need more money" probably several times.

I did and won took 12 months to get paid.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:11 AM, CharlieH said:

I went to a lawyer once, actually visited 5,3 weren't interested, 1 wanted 100k to start, the last one, he asked for nothing ! Gave us a 30 minute chat and no charge at all.

He said, don't waste your time and money, it will take atleast 6 -12 months, IF the person responds, then even IF you win, you will probably never get to collect it. Anything that's owned in that 6 months will be transferred to others in the family.Then, you don't know who he knows and what trouble he can make for/to you. ! If you want to sleep at night, forget it and move on, it will cost too much for no return and  potentially alot of stress or worse.

That's MY experience, of course others may vary. ????

This is very good advice in all aspects. However, your case does not only involve money it seems. Given the other implications (everybody knows and they tried to change his behaviour) and given the fact that he obviously does not refrain from using violence (crashed your car), I think it is wise to follow option A. of @quake : Move. A bitter lesson but in the long run worthwhile.