Bank of England expected to raise interest rates for twelfth time in a row

10 hours ago, puchooay said:

People sleeping rough and food banks does not equal "destruction". 

There are homeless people and foodbanks where I am but no destruction. 

I didn't claim that it equaled "destruction". I was taking issue with your description that, "Things (are) looking ok".

Just now, RayC said:

I didn't claim that it equaled "destruction". I was taking issue with your description that, "Things (are) looking ok".

Things are looking OK compared to the post I quoted. The one that suggested the Tories had "destroyed our home country".

Please try to read whole posts and quoted posts before wading in.

4 hours ago, puchooay said:

Things are looking OK compared to the post I quoted. The one that suggested the Tories had "destroyed our home country".

Please try to read whole posts and quoted posts before wading in.

Your original post:

"No they haven't. I'm in UK now. Things looking OK. Can't see any evidence of destruction."

I would suggest that the sentence "Things looking OK." is fairly categoric rather than comparative, even within the context of the whole paragraph.

Edited by RayC
Deletion of word
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, RayC said:

Your original post:

"No they haven't. I'm in UK now. Things looking OK. Can't see any evidence of destruction."

I would suggest that the sentence "Things looking OK." is fairly categoric rather than comparative, even within the context of the whole paragraph.

Once again you have neglected to take into account the post I quoted.

I'm not that fussed to be honest as it makes your posts look rather picky and foolish.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Once again you have neglected to take into account the post I quoted.

I'm not that fussed to be honest as it makes your posts look rather picky and foolish.

I quoted your post in full, so I can hardly be accused of not taking it into account!

In any event, it's hardly my fault if the phrasing of your posts is ambiguous.

16 minutes ago, RayC said:

I quoted your post in full, so I can hardly be accused of not taking it into account!

In any event, it's hardly my fault if the phrasing of your posts is ambiguous.

I will explain once more.

The post that I quoted, in my original post, clarifies my wording in said original post. 

Indeed, you quoted my post in full. You did refer to the post I quoted, which is obviously relevant to my reply to said quoted post. Thus, negating your call of my post being ambiguous.

18 hours ago, RayC said:

Maybe where you are but not in parts of South London. Increased numbers of people sleeping rough and more food banks doesn't indicate that things are ok.

3750 were sleeping rough in London 

8 982 000 people in London were not sleeping rough 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

3750 were sleeping rough in London 

8 982 000 people in London were not sleeping rough 

Is it too much to hope that in the capital city of a G7 nation the number of people sleeping rough and/or having to resort to food banks would be decreasing rather than increasing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64799232.amp

https://www.statista.com/statistics/382731/london-foodbank-users/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:43 PM, puchooay said:

I will explain once more.

The post that I quoted, in my original post, clarifies my wording in said original post. 

Indeed, you quoted my post in full. You did refer to the post I quoted, which is obviously relevant to my reply to said quoted post. Thus, negating your call of my post being ambiguous.

Presumably you understand that? I certainly don't.

11 hours ago, RayC said:

Presumably you understand that? I certainly don't.

The "you did refer" should read "you didn't refer". Sorry for the typo.

You should understand now, although you'll probably choose not to.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, RayC said:

Is it too much to hope that in the capital city of a G7 nation the number of people sleeping rough and/or having to resort to food banks would be decreasing rather than increasing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64799232.amp

https://www.statista.com/statistics/382731/london-foodbank-users/

That would  depend on if they'd like to sort their lives and finances out.

Edited by puchooay
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2023 at 8:35 AM, puchooay said:

" Economics is not politics. Don't let political views sway your judgement."

i agree, all eCONomists I've ever read and spoken to think they can defy the basic laws of maths..........and all appear to think the solution is 'print to infinity'.....jeez ????

On 5/12/2023 at 11:25 AM, BritManToo said:

You should hate them, they have destroyed our home country.

i find myself agreeing with this guy quite a bit, lol.....since the benefit handouts exceeded tax incomings methinks it's now less than 12 months before something like 'hey phone the IMF for a bailout' is a comin round the corner, RIP UK

12 minutes ago, driver52 said:

i agree, all eCONomists I've ever read and spoken to think they can defy the basic laws of maths..........and all appear to think the solution is 'print to infinity'.....jeez ????

Once again, someone who seems confused.

"print to infinity" is not based on any Economic theory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Once again, someone who seems confused.

"print to infinity" is not based on any Economic theory.

exactly, Economists are not intelligent enough to do decent theories, just the art of 'keep the dumb plebs in eternal debt'.......echoes of Rothschild's 'give me control of a nations money and I care not who makes the laws'........anyway, good luck with the UKs bankruptcy ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, driver52 said:

exactly, Economists are not intelligent enough to do decent theories, just the art of 'keep the dumb plebs in eternal debt'.......echoes of Rothschild's 'give me control of a nations money and I care not who makes the laws'........anyway, good luck with the UKs bankruptcy ????

Once again, you seem extremely confused. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, puchooay said:

That would  depend on if they'd like to sort their lives and finances out.

And assuming that they do, you would agree that they should be helped?

5 hours ago, driver52 said:

i find myself agreeing with this guy quite a bit, lol.....since the benefit handouts exceeded tax incomings methinks it's now less than 12 months before something like 'hey phone the IMF for a bailout' is a comin round the corner, RIP UK

Congratulations. You seem to have aligned  @puchooay and me on the same side which is a rarity.

(I assume by "benefit handouts" you mean government expenditure which includes a lot more than simply welfare payments?)

Assuming that Sunak does not change course and have a 'Liz Truss' moment which spooks the markets, why would the UK - rather than any other nation - need a bail-out from the IMF within the next 12 months? 

22 minutes ago, RayC said:

(I assume by "benefit handouts" you mean government expenditure which includes a lot more than simply welfare payments?)

unaffordable public sectors pensions on top of the bennies will push the UK to the brink.....

the 'spooked markets' you refer to just highlights yet again what a knife edge the whole thing is balanced on.....I don't think Liz Truss invented LDIs did she?

was it perchance those banking and economics wizards yet again?......but yeah let's just pass the blame eh......it was obvious the 'hidden controllers' didn't want Liz so they had to replace her with their banker loving puppet......wot ????

10 hours ago, driver52 said:

unaffordable public sectors pensions on top of the bennies will push the UK to the brink.....

Perhaps. But the same argument could be applied to many other European nations

the 'spooked markets' you refer to just highlights yet again what a knife edge the whole thing is balanced on.....

Again, perhaps you are right. But why would the UK be the first domino to fall and why within the next 12 months?

I don't think Liz Truss invented LDIs did she?

was it perchance those banking and economics wizards yet again?......but yeah let's just pass the blame eh......it was obvious the 'hidden controllers' didn't want Liz so they had to replace her with their banker loving puppet......wot ????

Derivative based investments are inherently risky and imo don't seem to be the most logical place for local government pension funds to be invested.

Nevertheless, the catalyst for the increase in UK government bond yields, which caused the problem in the markets, was Truss's budget proposals.