Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Aircon cleaning and repair

Inderpland

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Point is young somchais refill the gas for 200 baht when it's not needed, good little scam

Yes... if it needs recharging, that suggests a coolant leak, which should be addressed. 

• Like 1

So I contacted Paitoon, never replied to my messages on LINE or phone over the last 4 days

Santipad Air Service answered straight away on FB, so booked for noon today, but has failed to turn up, and suddenly does not speak English when I called, or reply to Facebook Messenger where we arranged the clean

Any other recommendations, please? for Pattaya

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Well I just had a message from Santipad, they are 400 kl from Pattaya, thanks to whoever put their number in a Pattaya thread!!!!!

Forum Home

Thailand Local Forums

Pattaya

Aircon cleaning and repair

My recommendation is Koson Air, speak to Katiie Kay on 091-580-5310. Bht500/wall unit, 1000 for cassettes.

We've used other companies in the past who were always in and out within an hour or thereabouts. When Koson first did our big cassette unit in the living area, they were on it for 3 hours. Bejeezus did it make a difference and huge saving on the electricity bill to boot.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, 3STTW said:

My recommendation is Koson Air, speak to Katiie Kay on 091-580-5310. Bht500/wall unit, 1000 for cassettes.

We've used other companies in the past who were always in and out within an hour or thereabouts. When Koson first did our big cassette unit in the living area, they were on it for 3 hours. Bejeezus did it make a difference and huge saving on the electricity bill to boot.

Thank you

• 9 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 12:42 PM, John8 said:

I have used 'Santipad Air Service' they did a great job. very thorough cleaning and no scam...  500 each unit. and fill gas

phone: 0954702534

fb: Santipad Air Service

This is not serious. Second time they are not coming at scheduled time, yesterday excuse was technician got into accident and today just silence. Also they quoted price for gas filling separately. Can anyone recommend some normal service in Pattaya? 

On 5/15/2023 at 1:03 PM, Mickeymaus said:

But this water standing in the water of the toilet water container might be of a different quality. After this experience I even boil the drinking water and of course let it cool down completely before using it. This story went on for almost a year and they didn't find the reason. I believed them until I checked myself. Here a not so nice picture of the problem. 

16841302231050.jpg

Goo/Slime caused by human or animal skin flakes being digested by bacteria. If left too long it will also block AC drain.

Google it.

Edited by Oink

30 minutes ago, Terek said:

This is not serious. Second time they are not coming at scheduled time, yesterday excuse was technician got into accident and today just silence. Also they quoted price for gas filling separately. Can anyone recommend some normal service in Pattaya? 

Thanks for the bump. I just took my bedroom filters off and reverse-cleaned them with the bathroom bum squirter.👍

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Terek said:

I just used RCA for an install and they were excellent, give them a go, also cheaper than a couple others i tried

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just used RCA for an install and they were excellent, give them a go, also cheaper than a couple others i tried

Ok, found them, let's see 

Edited by Terek
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, blackshadow said:

you have been given a phone number and name....call and ask instead of asking on here !!!!

Some people ask on here for a reason. I'm deaf so asking on a phone is out of the question. Don't be so quick to criticize.

On 5/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, MJCM said:

Or buy your own gas bottle, that is what I did ????

bottle.thumb.JPG.79ebc1df1ba187f1185e126dc1ad7568.JPG

PS: Picture was from a previous post on another topic regarding aircons :whistling:

Is it pretty straight forward to do?

On 2/28/2024 at 2:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

They cost me 1200 total with some refill. Cleaning 500 and rest refill. Actually I have never before been charged for refill and was paying just 500, when house management staff was doing it, now they stopped that service. But I don't complain, because they did good job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terek said:

They cost me 1200 total with some refill. Cleaning 500 and rest refill. Actually I have never before been charged for refill and was paying just 500, when house management staff was doing it, now they stopped that service. But I don't complain, because they did good job.

It's definitely something to ask in advance. I had a well down AC company charge me 200 baht for gas, i contacted boss he didn't know about, he gave a refund, i think boys were scamming. Contact them on Line and check with them, very polite and professional on Line, phone number is Line

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's definitely something to ask in advance. I had a well down AC company charge me 200 baht for gas, i contacted boss he didn't know about, he gave a refund, i think boys were scamming. Contact them on Line and check with them, very polite and professional on Line, phone number is Line

Bill 1200 was voiced by lady manager by phone, they called and gave me to talk, so it's not just boys. I dunno, I am not in a mood to talk about it anymore now. But for future if there is more proven companies I would like to hear which, in Bangkok I had one good, there also never paid more than 500 for unit. 

• 1 month later...

So just had mine done, 500 to clean 800 for gas, seems excessive, unit only 2 1/2 years old, here's the bill. One-man band, does a lot of a/c work in the building and 2nd time I used him

aaaacccc.jpg

4 minutes ago, Seppius said:

So just had mine done, 500 to clean 800 for gas, seems excessive, unit only 2 1/2 years old, here's the bill. One-man band, does a lot of a/c work in the building and 2nd time I used him

aaaacccc.jpg

Mine are 8 years old now and have never had a gas replenishment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

aaaacccc.jpg

Usual rules apply, check price upfront i.e how much for clean? i say don't top up gas. Unless you have a problem with AC not getting cold. If needs gas then there's a leak, AC company should fix that

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seppius said:

If it needed so much gas I am surprised there is no charge for fixing some leak. 

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If it needed so much gas I am surprised there is no charge for fixing some leak. 

I have asked him to explain, last night the first night since he did, took much longer to cool the room down

I have new record.  1900 baht for small one in small bedroom, 500 cleaning + 1400 gas.  RCA aircon express. Seems really excessive,  because other years I never paid more than 500 for unit and they refilled gas also, same in Bangkok. Considering this should be done once a year,  I really would like to hear some more recommendations.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the gas thing is a bit of a money earner, an OK system shouldn't need any gas, I mean, how often do you top-up your fridge/freezer.

If you get a tiny leak, the system will empty in no time...🤔

Car A/C is the same, it can run for years with no problem, as long as you keep it active....

• Like 1