“Shy Prayut” Voters or “Scared Prayut” Voters? Election Polls: Accuracy and Bias

webfact

10 hours ago, Sunderland said:

Bhumjaithai are predicted to win 63 of the 400 constituency seats despite having 1/7 - 1/8 of the votes that both Move Forward and Pheu Thai are getting on the party list voting. So their share of the party list vote is way down, but they are winning more constituencies than last time (39). How does that make any sense???

It doesn't. And it shows you exactly who they are. Absolute crooks and thieves. 

22 hours ago, Sunderland said:

There are multiple constituencies in Thailand - try for yourself here https://www.ectreport.com/overview - where Bhumjaithai, Palang Prachart and the United Thai Nation Party have won constituency seats, but failed miserably in the Party List vote in the same constituency. The voting in many of these areas makes no sense. Massive numbers of votes for Anutin, Prawit or Prayuth's party for the candidate, then Move Forward and/or Pheu Thai get far and away the most votes in the Party List from the same constituency.

In the UK, it would be like voting for the Tory candidate, and then voting again for the party but putting your cross next to the Labour Party. It's pure nonsense.

My missus just explained the logic....people vote for the local candidate who paid them, then for the party they really wanted ! I pointed out that she had got "expenses" paid for going to 4 different meetings, so others were probably the same....so why still vote for one candidate you don't really like.

8 hours ago, MikeN said:

My missus just explained the logic....people vote for the local candidate who paid them, then for the party they really wanted ! I pointed out that she had got "expenses" paid for going to 4 different meetings, so others were probably the same....so why still vote for one candidate you don't really like.

Stop interfering with the local version of democracy.