Why the idealistic boy won, and why he has to keep his feet on the ground

snoop1130

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Change is coming, I hope he talks with other like minded parties to formulate a convincing coalition.

The dinosaurs are out at last and a new era is about to start.

This is only based on the unofficial result and may change when the official results are released.

As my Mum told me long ago,

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h90 said:

Abhisit? Abhisit was a pretty weak PM but he didn't destroy democracy...as we can just see it is still here....Damage was done by Thaksin, but the military repaired it and gave democracy back.

POTY

(post of the year)

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, h90 said:

1 billion that is 1000 Million Baht.....I guess every serious politician who was a longer time in power in Thailand has stolen that...not really a big number.
I would be surprised if someone didn't do that. As the Russian salesguy for fighter airplanes once said in an interview.....10% for the decision maker is always no matter what country, what seller or what buyer the international standard. For civilian airplanes from Boeing and Airbus it is 5 and 7% (I can't remember which is the 5 and which the 7) for the decision maker. If you don't have a billion in 8 years you made something seriously wrong. Or from the other side...where does the money come from that all parties hand out for vote buying?

I meant a billion dollars. Likely far more than that. 

On 5/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Same old, same old. Yeh he will be great for a while right up until he sees how much money he and his party members can make just by towing the same old line. Yes I’m being cynical. Id love to be proven wrong on this though…..

You'll be proven right, although what you say is a safe bet.