Grab tips

toast1

For food, I'll give a 10 baht tip if it's nearer than 4km and a very simple and quick order. 

For over 8km, it becomes very challenging to persuade drivers to take the order, so I used to bribe with a 60 baht tip. The priority fare algorithm has improved recently so I rarely need to use this now. 

In very challenging conditions, such as when it rains or is a public holiday, I'll increase my fare by 20 or 30 to bribe their acceptance.

I will reward by 10 or 20 extra if they scrupulously obey my messages ("don't phone me" etc).

As of yesterday, the lowest preset fare on the App is 20 baht! So the App wants us to be more generous! 555

Edited by Gaccha

• 2 months later...

At one point I had to message the taxi driver tip info just so they wouldn't cancel. Horrible practice but when you have 3 cancel in a row, telling tip in advance not to cancel worked, no cancels after that.  Not to be encouraged though.

Otherwise, I usually tip 20 baht for delivery and taxi.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:08 AM, bignok said:

Millions of Thais tip, yet you are unaware of this even after years.

That's not what I'm told.

I know waitresses and massage therapists in local establishments.

They say they get zero tips from Thais.

And I've never seen a Thai guy leave a tip for his haircut in all the years I've been here.

I mean just think if your kid was that waitress. Might make you think twice about tipping too.

Just now, FruitPudding said:

That's not what I'm told.

I know waitresses and massage therapists in local establishments.

They say they get zero tips from Thais.

And I've never seen a Thai guy leave a tip for his haircut in all the years I've been here.

I mean just think if your kid was that waitress. Might make you think twice about tipping too.

20 baht massage tips are common. Ive known some for nearly 20 years. Restaurant tips are usually when large group of people.

• Sad 1