Retirement visa / change of address

To cut a very long story short, in Feb./Mar. this year I went to an agent in Bangkok and changed to a retirement visa. However, unbeknownst to me until after the visa was issued, they went to TRANG to get it there (long story). Now, I need a Certificate of Residence and this is obviously going to open a whole can of worms as I don't actually live in Trang. So, I am wondering is it possible to change my "address" from Trang to let's say Bangkok or Nakhon Ratchasima, where I actually live? IF yes, then HOW do I do this? Could I then do the extension in BKK or NR next year, or can it only be extended in Trang? 

Also, IF I were to leave the country, would that automatically cancel the retirement visa?

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If your embassy provides confirmation of address that can be used for TDL.

Had not thought of that!!! Thank you. 

Why would immigration care where you got the visa?
Do a TM30 report where you currently live and then go in to the local office for the certificate of residence. You are allowed to move around.

Edited by JimTripper

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Do a TM30 report where you currently live and then go in to the local office for the certificate of residence

He can not obtain certificate of residence in Bangkok without having done a TM47 at that office.

Nakhon Ratchasima is an option. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Also, IF I were to leave the country, would that automatically cancel the retirement visa?

As long as you don't have a reentry permit it would be canceled.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

They totally DO care where you pull your extensions and any immigration officer can look at that stamp and know that it's an agent gotten out of province stamp. The reason they care is you didn't use THEIR office to get the back door, under the table, year extension <- which is a real extension just not from a province you lived in, or from an immigration office you use.. 

In fact most people with out of province agent gotten extensions don't even have the slightest idea what address is in the system for the extension in their passport. ????  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Do a TM30 report where you currently live and then go in to the local office for the certificate of residence. You are allowed to move around.

WHY?
cause they know you paid an agent and they got no tea money  LOL
you used Thai visa centre, right? 
Just file  new TM 30 for where ever you live currently
Copy of lease, copy of landlords id card and House book ( signed) copies of passport front page an visa>

Buy a re entry permit at any immigration office OR at the airport when you depart

In fact most people with out of province agent gotten extensions don't even have the slightest idea what address is in the system for the extension in their passport.

How could you NOT know?, its stamped right on the visa or extension where you got it   ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

When the 'fixer' Visa Agent got your 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement) and 1-year extension of stay, at an Imm Office in a different province than where you are residing, your 'official address for Immigration purposes' is in that different province. 

Which means that you cannot apply for any service at your own provincial Imm Office, as you are officially not residing there. 

So you would need to 'relocate' to your actual address by informing your local Imm Office that you moved there.  Obviously the Imm Officer when looking at the stamps in your Passport will know exactly what happened (i.e. you using a fixer Visa Agent to dodge the +800K financial requirement) but he/she won't 'rock the boat' as that might backfire on him/her. 

Once your official address has been regularized, you can then do your 90-day reports (confirming that you are still staying at that official address).

ALSO note that you would not be able to do your next 1-year extension at your current Imm Office, when having used a 'fixer' Visa Agent.  This because you would not be able to provide evidence that you kept the required funds (800K/400K) on your personal Thai bank-account for the duration of the 1-year extension, which was the condition under which you received your Permit to stay.  The ONLY way to get rid of the fixer Visa Agent service, is to exit Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit, so that your current Permit to stay is being voided. 

You can then return (e.g. Visa Exempt or when having applied for a Tourist Visa or Non Imm O Visa at the Embassy/consulate of the country where you exited) and start from scratch, but this time doing it fully legit.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nickmondo said:

these are the problems you get when obtaining dodgy visas.......enjoy

I most certainly did not go out looking for a dodgy visa. The agent I used came highly recommended by a (then) work colleague. 

Thanks for nothing. 

• Haha 2

"ALSO note that you would not be able to do your next 1-year extension at your current Imm Office, when having used a 'fixer' Visa Agent.  This because you would not be able to provide evidence that you kept the required funds (800K/400K) on your personal Thai bank-account for the duration of the 1-year extension, which was the condition under which you received your Permit to stay.  The ONLY way to get rid of the fixer Visa Agent service, is to exit Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit, so that your current Permit to stay is being voided. "

UNLESS u used an agent >>> that uses that immigration?  ????
who would be more than happy to receive a little something extra in their pay packet

On 5/17/2023 at 7:39 AM, zzzzz said:

In fact most people with out of province agent gotten extensions don't even have the slightest idea what address is in the system for the extension in their passport.

How could you NOT know?, its stamped right on the visa or extension where you got it   ????

Edited yesterday at 07:41 AM by zzzzz

Note that the quote that you replied to said "address" and it's not stamped on the extension.