Fillable forms

Fillable forms

I have just downloaded and completed  the TM 7 PDF fillable form for immigration, it completes in bold black.
Now a friend says the form must be hand written in blue ink, is this correct.

Thanks

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Why not download the blank form, and also write the form in blue ink.

Hand the fillable form in first, and if he/she wants it handwritten, then swap them over. In that way you'll know for next time, and also let the forum know.

Sadly it doesn't work that way. The next time it would probably be a different officer in a different mood.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Find these reoccurring threads re fillable forms and blue v black pens ridiculous.

Either download form and spend a minute to fill in form.

And yes use Blue pen (just in case) 

OR next time you visit immigration pick up hand full of each form.

TM7, TM8, TM47 etc. 

Not difficult. 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

whereas a signature in black pen is easy to mistake as a photocopy.

If you have a colour scanner/printer. the signature, and everything else will come out whatever it was on the original, and be very difficult to tell one from the other.

I dealt with a pension Company in UK who wanted a 'wet signature' on certain papers. I explained that post from Thailand could take uo to 3 weeks, and so emailed the documents to them together with the proof of posting. They executed the paperwork within days.

Can they REALLY tell if something is actually signed by looking for indentations in the paper from the pen, which would not occur if a fountain pen was used. And do they have a cryptologist to verify that the signature on every signed paper corresponds to the one you submitted to them possible 20 years ago. NO!

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

There is a simple explanation. With a blue pen signature it is easy to see the form is an original, whereas a signature in black pen is easy to mistake as a photocopy.

My work had the exact same rule so it's not just a Thailand IO thing 

I no longer have it, but I used to have a color laser printer where it was extremely difficult to tell a copy from the original even with different colored inks were used. 

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

If you have a colour scanner/printer. the signature, and everything else will come out whatever it was on the original, and be very difficult to tell one from the other.

Exactly!

The only way I was able to tell my daughter's original birth certificate from a copy I made was to feel for the embossed seal.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Find these reoccurring threads re fillable forms and blue v black pens ridiculous.

Either download form and spend a minute to fill in form.

And yes use Blue pen (just in case) 

OR next time you visit immigration pick up hand full of each form.

TM7, TM8, TM47 etc. 

Not difficult. 

Most countries demand black ink on legal documents.  Just saying.

• Haha 1

I recently created my own TM7 fillable document. It was filled in in bold black characters and signed with a black pen.. This was at Ratchaburi Immigration..

Make sure you print on one side only, they dont want double sided prints..

As usual, different offices have different requirements.. P.S. I printed the photos directly on the page, and that was OK..

11 minutes ago, Brock said:

Even though the ones you pick up at Immigration are two-sided?

• Thumbs Up 1

If filling in on your computer, just make sure that you have the latest version for your particular immigration office.

Just as each office has their own requirements, I don't think it is a nationwide standard form, but I might be wrong.

Our local one makes slight changes every so often, then refuses to accept the previous form.

On 5/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, sometime said:

I have just downloaded and completed  the TM 7 PDF fillable form for immigration, it completes in bold black.

Surely it depends what "it' is? On my computer "it" is Adobe Acrobat and the form fills in on screen using whatever color text you choose to type in.

11 minutes ago, phetphet said:

If filling in on your computer, just make sure that you have the latest version for your particular immigration office.

Just as each office has their own requirements, I don't think it is a nationwide standard form, but I might be wrong.

Our local one makes slight changes every so often, then refuses to accept the previous form.

Correct. Last year I downloaded my TM7 from the official Thai Immigration website. Got to Jomtien IO and was told it was the wrong version.

1 hour ago, Brock said:

That is rare.

Most immigration offices would reject a double sided form printed as two pages.

I suggest folk ignore this advice from post I quoted 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/18/2023 at 3:24 PM, problemfarang said:

to OP's question:

yes, it must be blue ink. the reason for this is black will make it look like its not original but copy. red is used for corrections or attention by the IO.

You are incorrect. I have printed my TM7 forms using black toner for years, the signature was usually in blue but I have used black. The signature and photograph are original, though quite possibly a printed full colour photo would also be acceptable. Since my forms are all printed is is absolutely clear that they are exact copies.

There may be an office or official who has an issue this will be unusual.

• Thumbs Up 1